Vendor Tips & Gifts Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marshall1980

marshall1980
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hi all
    Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I was wondering what past Riu brides have done regarding tips &/or gifts for their vendors (photographer, florists, etc.). Did you tip them in cash, credit or at all? Have any of you given thank you gifts or tips to the WC? I know that this is the etiquette for US weddings, I just wanted to know if I should be doing this abroad as well. Any thoughts, advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again ladies for all of your help!

#2 memz

memz
    • 39 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Good question

I have been looking the very same information, leaving soon so anyone??

#3 montegobay09

montegobay09
      • 832 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

One more thing I hadn't thought about!! This will be helpful....anyone

Marshall 1980 I can't believe your ticker is counting down the days now!! Less than one month left!!!! Can't wait to meet you!

#4 marshall1980

marshall1980
        • 52 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

I know, I can hardly believe it myself! It seems like it was just yesterday that it was 9 months and some-odd days to go & now we are less than a month away...I can't wait to meet you either. If you're not to tired when you get in on the 11th, please feel free to stop by & party with us...see you soon!

#5 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
          • 100 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Also waiting for the "past brides" to give advice on the whole tip situation. I'm glad my daughters wedding is in 3 months instead of just one like yours, we still need the extra time to get all the details worked out !
            Better get reading & posting, I need points for more downloads....

#6 ashly87

ashly87
            • 120 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:22 AM

I'm still looking for more info on this as well, but I just wanted to share with you that one bride I was talking with who had an off resort wedding tipped her WC and each of the WC's helpers $20 a piece, and also bought the WC and the minister who married her(who she raved about due to him helping her have a catholic ceremony) watches.
              "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users