• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

welcome to the forum! are you the denise from facebook? (i'm lisa)

definitely check out this thread: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2782

it might take you until your wedding to read through it all, but it's so worth it!

happy planning!

#12 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by qt_py123@hotmail.com
      We decided on Dreams Cancun because of the beautiful location for the ceremony. Also, we did not want to drive on a bus all the way to Tulum. My fiances mom has some health issues so we wanted to land in the same town as the resort.
      the long ride to tulum helped decide it for us as well, because of similar health issues of our more elderly guests. also, dreams tulum doesn't have a wedding gazebo, so your ceremony is either on the beach (some people like it that way!) or inside in the little chapel. neither of those worked for us since my fiance hates sand, and to me being inside negated the whole point of a destination wedding (but i'm also not religious and wouldn't have had a church wedding at home either). however, for some people, the chapel is the whole reason they pick tulum! it really is a cute little room, but i've heard it's sweltering hot because of small windows/no air conditioning.

both resorts are really beautiful in their own way. i admit i think dreams tulum is actually a prettier resort but the gazebo at dreams cancun had me sold. you can't go wrong with either one!

#13 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
      • 698 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users