International Phonecards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sarah.cullen

sarah.cullen
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

Hello Ladies

Am wondering how easy is it to get international phonecards in Jamaica? Do they sell them at the hotel & if there are a variety, which one's offer value for money. I am only asking as we have no family coming with us & will defo have to phone our families the day of the wedding at least.

We are also bringing our mobiles but have just found out it costs £1.90 p/min to make a call & also to receive, which is a bit expensive, this is why we're looking for cheaper options. I know some BDW brides have used these before, so would appreciate any advice!!

Thanks all!!!

Sarah

#2 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

I would purchase the phone card online before you left. Calling Cards - International Calling Cards - Prepaid Calling Cards - Phone Cards has a variety of options.

#3 Mastistyle

Mastistyle
      • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

I agree with pp-buy the calling cards before hand. Just google calling cards from jamaica to uk...you can buy them immediately-no wating for them in the mail.

#4 amee

amee
        • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

If you have an unlocked cell phone (not that common in the US) you can just buy a SIM card in Jamaica and insert it into your cell phone..

#5 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

an option that worked well for us was to buy a Digicell phone--you pay for the phone and the cell plan and we were able to make as many calls as we liked. Our son was left home in the states last minute due to illness so this option worked very well as we were able to call as many times as we wished to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users