Photo

Need Help With Maracas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alipires1

Alipires1
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

I purchased the small maracas from Oriental Trading. They were plain wood, so I spray painted them "Caramel Latte". Then I decided to monogram them, so I did it myself. I really would like my guests to bring them to the wedding and shake them as we kiss. I'm hoping the photographer can get a good picture of this.

My problem is that I wanted to attach a little card saying something about bringing them and shaking them when we kiss, but I can't find the perfect wording.

I am kind of quirky, so I'd love something cute rather than what I am coming up with..."Bring these..." Everything I try sounds so Caveman-like...HELP!!

Here is a picture of them. I put my hand down, so you can see how small they are.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

Those are cute! Oh and I see you're getting married at DPA too, yay!

Are you putting them in your OOT bags? To be honest I'm not that sure that all your guests will remember to bring them to the reception.

I am planning on doing the maracas thing too but we're going to use them as place cards. We're going to tie a card to them. One side will have the person's name and table number and the other side will say:

"Now the party’s getting good, we’d like to hear this if we could, stand and shake with all your might, and see the groom kiss his bride tonight."

I totally got that off of someone else on this forum, but I don't remember who. Whoever it was, thank you!

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

Kate.com did maracas. Search for posts by her or Miska Designs

#4 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
        • 292 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

cool...I'm doing the same thing our stationary lady is just doing favor tags for us that say "Shake for a Kiss". And we're giving them their Maracas as favors to be placed ont the dinner table. Good Luck!

#5 Alipires1

Alipires1
          • 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by GinalynL
            Those are cute! Oh and I see you're getting married at DPA too, yay!

Are you putting them in your OOT bags? To be honest I'm not that sure that all your guests will remember to bring them to the reception.

I am planning on doing the maracas thing too but we're going to use them as place cards. We're going to tie a card to them. One side will have the person's name and table number and the other side will say:

"Now the party’s getting good, we’d like to hear this if we could, stand and shake with all your might, and see the groom kiss his bride tonight."

I totally got that off of someone else on this forum, but I don't remember who. Whoever it was, thank you!

Oh.. That is cute!! Yeah I am putting them in the bags. They are really hard to hear because they are so small, but I like the idea of them.

#6 Alipires1

Alipires1
            • 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

OK so I borrowed your saying. I think I'm going with

"Now the party’s getting good, we’d like you to bring this if you could, stand and shake with all your might, and see the groom kiss his bride tonight."

#7 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
              • 247 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alipires1
                OK so I borrowed your saying. I think I'm going with

"Now the party’s getting good, we’d like you to bring this if you could, stand and shake with all your might, and see the groom kiss his bride tonight."
                Awe.. I really like this.. i may have to borrow this one..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users