This has taken me forever to get to. But I guess better late then never!

Where do we start....we arrived at the resort on February 15 with the wedding on the 20th.

The Resort (Barcleo Maya Colonial)

We have absolutely no regrets with picking this resort for our wedding. We went with 31 people and not one person had any complaints. We love, loved our room. It was cleaned daily and the bar fridge was also stocked daily so what more could you ask for. The grounds were amazing and the views priceless. When we walked around we were almost in awe the whole time. The resort and grounds were always clean and maintained beautifully. The whole time we were there I never seen one bug which was extremely nice.

The Food

I am a very picky eater but found the food here to be very good. We enjoyed basically all the a la cartes. My only issue here was the resort was at max. Capacity that week and some nights we never ate till 10:00 pm. But once we were there it was well worth the wait.

The Wedding

Ceremony

What can I say about our wedding! It was everything we wanted and more! Very, very simple but that's how we wanted it. Our WC Victoria was very good at her job; she was very friendly and great to work with.

As for the day itself it rained a little actually the only day we were there that it rained but we were still able to have our beach ceremony. During the ceremony it sprinkled a little but nothing that we couldn't handle.

Pictures

We weren't sure what to expect from the Resort Photographers but were surprisingly happy with how our they turned out.

Reception

We had our reception in one of the small banquet rooms which was perfect size for our group! The service that evening was amazing we were truly waited on. The food was excellent and our cute little cake was yummy. The only thing we would have done differently was maybe checked to see if we could have had the room a little longer. Three hours was good but would have been nice to have maybe another hour.

The only problem or shall I say glitch we ran into the whole week was the night before our wedding one of my friends took a tumble getting into the shower! While trying to step into the bath tub she lost her balance and hit the side of the tub. The resort doctor was there in no time and she was given a pain killer which cost $2,000.00...OUCHHH! They took her into Play Del Carmen where she was told that her shoulder was broke and needed surgery ASAP. Needless to say she never made the wedding as she was flown back to Canada the day of our wedding. Once in Canada we learned that it was actually her collar bone that was broke and not her shoulder so thank goodness she was home!!

All in all we would recommend the Barceló to EVERYONE and ANYONE! We truly enjoyed our expierience and most importantly our wedding!! Neither of us would do it another way or anywhere else!

**I would love to attach pictures but unless I copy them into a Word Document and attach that I donâ€t know how too??**

Thank you for your review Carie! We are looking into the Colonial now after the prices for the Palace came back too high. I'm a little nervous that we may regret not staying at the beautiful Palace on our wedding day, did you ever wish you had stayed at the Palace instead?

I would also love to see photos.

It may help with my decision. :)

Hi CaraW,

We originally looked into the Palace as well and once we seen the price we knew it was out of the question! We were extremely happy that we picked the Colonial! My husbandâ€s grandparents flew in three days later then us and were upgraded to the Palace because of booking issues. My husband and I walked through the Palace and it was very beautiful but honestly we enjoyed the looks of the Colonial better. I think because it was more inviting, colorful and seemed more cozy and homey! My mother in law commented that it was more Mexican then modern like the Palace; which to us was a good thing as we were in Mexico. Actually, everyone from our group took the trolley tour where they take you around all the Barcelóâ€s and everyone said the same thing that the Colonial was their favorite. Sure the Colonial is a bit older but we were very happy with it. I never once regretted not picking the Palace. I am sure whatever you decide you will be happy with as anything Barceló will be amazing. But honestly we love, loved the Colonial and if we went back today we would pick the Colonial over the Palace again!

I would love to attach some pics but not sure how too?? Can you help? ha-ha sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carie View Post
Hi CaraW,

We originally looked into the Palace as well and once we seen the price we knew it was out of the question! We were extremely happy that we picked the Colonial! My husbandâ€s grandparents flew in three days later then us and were upgraded to the Palace because of booking issues. My husband and I walked through the Palace and it was very beautiful but honestly we enjoyed the looks of the Colonial better. I think because it was more inviting, colorful and seemed more cozy and homey! My mother in law commented that it was more Mexican then modern like the Palace; which to us was a good thing as we were in Mexico. Actually, everyone from our group took the trolley tour where they take you around all the Barcelóâ€s and everyone said the same thing that the Colonial was their favorite. Sure the Colonial is a bit older but we were very happy with it. I never once regretted not picking the Palace. I am sure whatever you decide you will be happy with as anything Barceló will be amazing. But honestly we love, loved the Colonial and if we went back today we would pick the Colonial over the Palace again!
I would love to attach some pics but not sure how too?? Can you help? ha-ha sorry!
Thank you so much for your reply!!! It made me so excited! That's perfect that it looked more Mexican than modern. That's what I'm looking for!! And colorful would be beautiful in photos. :) YAY! I think we're going to go with the Colonial now as long as the FI agrees, which I'm sure he will once he sees photos. :)
Hmm... I'm pretty newbie still so I'm not really sure how to post photos. Do you have a link to an album that you could paste in a reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carie View Post
Hi CaraW,

Thanks so much for your review! I am getting married at the colonial in July of 2010, and I felt the same way about the Palace. I enjoy the "openness" of the other sides much better!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maegan,

We were going to get married July 1st at 6pm at the Colonial but we had to bump it by a week sad.gif My FI is a teacher and next year school is out on the 30th! We thought it would be out on the 25th so we had to rebook everything for the following week. So now our wedding date is July 8th at 5pm :) Have you contacted the resort to put a 'hold' on your date yet? It's super easy. I used skype and called. The number is: 0011 5298 4875 1500 ext:5755