Photo

Are you buying a cake knife serving set?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

I am really glad I found this. I was going to but a set with starfish myself this week and now I am having second thoughts. Any brides that have been married have any input?? Thanks!
    33 Booked!!

#12 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
    • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'm buying one from oriental trading. It ties into the beach theme and at $18 customized it doesn't hurt to try!

#13 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
      • 391 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

yes i am bringing one along with toasting flutes and a cake topper

#14 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by August2010Bride
          I'm buying one from oriental trading. It ties into the beach theme and at $18 customized it doesn't hurt to try!
          I also ordered mine from Oriental Trading & was very happy with it.

Just remember ladies, do not pack the knife serving set in your carry-on bag!! You must put it in your checked luggage. I would also keep it in the original box that it comes packaged in.
          Too make a long story short, I packed it in a bag that I told my MIL to take for us. Although I told her to check the bag, she forgot & tried to take it as a carry on. Well ofcourse when she went thru security, they noticed the knife, stopped her & made her unpack the bag. When they asked her why she was trying to get on the plane with a knife set, she was surprised it was even there & really had no explanation other than she forgot!!!
          So, just words to the wise, make sure its in your checked luggage!

#15 reevesbride

reevesbride
          • 212 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
            I also ordered mine from Oriental Trading & was very happy with it.

Just remember ladies, do not pack the knife serving set in your carry-on bag!! You must put it in your checked luggage. I would also keep it in the original box that it comes packaged in.
            Too make a long story short, I packed it in a bag that I told my MIL to take for us. Although I told her to check the bag, she forgot & tried to take it as a carry on. Well ofcourse when she went thru security, they noticed the knife, stopped her & made her unpack the bag. When they asked her why she was trying to get on the plane with a knife set, she was surprised it was even there & really had no explanation other than she forgot!!!
            So, just words to the wise, make sure its in your checked luggage!
            Thanks for the info I will def. be sure to pack it in my checked luggage. I acutally purchased the cake knife that corresponds with my china pattern so it will have dual purposes.

#16 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

I was going to, but my mom gave me hers that my great grand parents bought her. Even though they are divorced, I wanted to use it for family sentimental reasons.

#17 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
              • 687 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

We registered for one. If we get it, great. But if not, we aren't out any money and we'll use whatever the resort provides.
                Photography by Tamm's Photos
                http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#18 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
                • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

I am buying a set and shipping down in advance

#19 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I am skipping it to use the resorts, I just dont want to have to bring it down.

We are trying to keep it really simple with just a few personal touches. Then again I am using the resorts cake and whole cake thing is just not a priority for me.

I might not be the best person to ask.

#20 binzer

binzer
                    • 230 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

My very nice sister bought me one as an engagement present, but otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered since my wedding is fairly small and casual.

That being said, if I HAD bought one for myself, I probably would've gotten a starfish one to match my theme, and then never used it again. My sister got me a very pretty sparkly set covered in crystals, and I can use it for any fancy occasion! Sometimes things turn out better when they're unplanned :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users