• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

So we are starting to get back our tentative RSVP postcards we sent out with our STD's.

No the people that RSVP'd no, should they get a formal invite? I would think no...and dont want to bombard them with unnecessary invites....

#2 meli122

• 269 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

That's a tough one. I think they should get an invite as a nice gesture or if something changes and they can make it.

But I just asked my FI and he said no.

#3 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

My FI said no as well. Thats why I asked the wise ones

Im glad I sent those RSVP cards with the STD, Im realizing I was estimating people that arent coming!

#4 endlesslove

• 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

I don't plan on it. My invites are going to cost me a lot, and I don't want to send them to someone who is just going to toss it aside. I don't think they would expect to get an invite if they already said no, but then other people would say "what if they change their mind?" This is why I put an unsure option on our RSVP's for our STD's.

#5 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

yes - etiquette says you should said out an invitation even if people tell you know from an STD

plus they could change their mind

#6 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

I sent them out to everyone. We did have 1 other person book after we sent out invites. I think with a DW you can more do what you want and not follow proper etiquette. So in otherwords do whatever you feel comfortable with.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

This is my opinion:

If you've already purchased more than enough invites: send the invites to people you know aren't coming any how.

If you expect/want a gift from this person: send the invite to them (I know this sounds greedy and horrible, my apologies, but an invite is a gentle reminder of a gift sometimes)

If you know they aren't coming, you haven't already ordered invites and they probably won't send you a gift, don't bother.

Okay, I know my rules probably don't follow traditional etiquette; sorry!

#8 scottgm2

• 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Even though people may not be able to make it that like the invite as a memorable to keep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users