Fresh flowers & cake - bad idea!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 bridalbloomsbylaura

• 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Alyssa
    i have to say i am not a florist or a baker but i had white orchids on my wedding cake and nobody got sick. aren't there also edible flowers? how do the stems differ from non-edible flowers?

it would seem to me that most reputable vendors are in the business of having happy clients and wouldn't jepordize their businesses if this was such a bad idea - it is one of the most commonly seen things at weddings (regular and DW)
    I am not saying that at all....I know a lot of bakers who use fresh flowers....I am just advising you of what I have been taught in floral design school and that it is not a practice of mine because I don't want to take the risk and get sued....that's all....

There are flowers who are considered edible, that's why I posted a link in my first post I just wanted to advise you to make sure the stems are covered or the flowers are in a container, that's all.....you guys can make your own decisions, it was just an advice.

#22 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

Wow, I had no idea...thank you soo much!!!!

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
      http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#23 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

Great information. I am sure this will be useful to many!

I had no clue about the risks of real flowers!

#24 honey

• 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

I do not have my wedding cake yet, my wedding is next week, I want I small cake only for the tradition, please help me some body know a good provider?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users