Photo

addressing invitations: please help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lilmisssunshine

lilmisssunshine
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Ok so we have our invites done and are getting ready to address them. I would like to hire someone to adress them for us with nice handwritting such as calligraphy or something nice. My FI wants to print them on the computer using a pretty font. My mom nearly had a heart attack because she thinks it is not appropriate to print them on the computer- pretty font or not. What has everyone else done? What is appropriate? Who do you bring them to to address them appropriately? Any advice would help so much. Thank you
    :

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

I guess it depends on how formal your invites are. Are they closer to the formal side?

I know tons of girls on here printed them on the computer. I did passport invites and I actually just used clear address labels which worked out great.

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

you can actually get a calligraphy font and print them on the computer if you want - you most likely won't be able to tell the difference if you print it right on the envelope.

I'm sort of with your mom though, I'm going to spend $1 each to get them with professional calligraphy. There are a lot of vendors on Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade who do calligraphy.

#4 scottgm2

scottgm2
        • 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

That's a tough one. Now days almost anything goes. The formal things are not as formal any more. You have to do what comfortable to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users