Photo

Miami Brides

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cassie

Cassie
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

We're getting ready to take a trip down to Miami and will be checking out some possible ceremony/reception venues. Any suggestions?
    Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#2 Starryt

Starryt
    • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

Look into Signature Gardens & Signature Grand... Are you looking to have a beach wedding? Inside?

#3 Cassie

Cassie
      • 5,341 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

I don't think I want it directly on the beach, but definitely outside. I saw The Palms has a really pretty gazebo area. Probably something similar to that. I also like that it is right next to the ocean, so we could easily walk over for some pictures. I'm open to looking at anything though.

Signature Gardens is one I have on my list. Their courtyard area looks nice from the pictures.
        Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#4 Starryt

Starryt
        • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

I don't know anything about their service but Palms would be nice location.

#5 DreamComeTrue

DreamComeTrue
          • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

The pictures I saw of The Palms gazebo were wonderful! We are getting married in Miami at the Rusty Pelican deff not the beach scene we had in mind but it has a beautiful view of the water and it's in our price range :)

#6 Emily Joy

Emily Joy
            • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

i grew up in michigan, but moved to downtown miami two years ago so I know where and where not to bring out of town guests from personal experiences... haha

for ceremony there is a super cute non denominational, old colonial styled church with a lot of character on lincoln road in south beach. This road is shut down to traffic, and is very unique in it's own right. here is the link:
              Miami Beach Community Church
              you could have the ceremony there and have your reception at any of the swanky hotels or art deco venues which are within walking distance. a few to check out are: The Delano (Miami Hotels - South Beach Hotels | Delano Hotel in Miami), The Bancroft Supper Club (Bancroft ::: Supperclub), The Catalina (http://www.catalinah...m/beachclub.htm), Nikki Beach (Nikki Beach), etc.... let me know if you like this style and i can send you more ideas.

Or a very cool place to check out if you like a garden type feel is Vizcaya downtown miami. (Miami-Dade County - Vizcaya) You could have the ceremony and reception there.

Hope I got your creative juices flowing.
              visit my bridal blog!
              http://www.maidensunshine.blogspot.com

http://photos-a.ak.f...._5726020_n.jpg
              Getting hitched in Playa Del CarmenSaturday November 27th, 2010

#7 Nikki777

Nikki777
              • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

Miami is the best. You have Palms Hotel, Viscaya, Biltmore Hotel, Douglass Entrance, The Raleigh, The Delano, The Fountainbleau and Ritz carlton in Key Biscayne. There are lots of private waterfront homes available and also yachts you may rent. Miami basically has it all.
                Best Miami Photographer available is Frank Panaro.
                Great work and dependable. Gets the job done.

Miami has spectacular weather overall and you have made a great decision.
                Check out Florida Keys also.

Good Luck !!!

Nikki

#8 KLK

KLK
                • 205 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

I had my destination wedding in Miami, Florida! Since i'm from CA, i did not want the beach, but instead the vintage, rustic, "Italy" feel.

When my husband and I were shooting a destination wedding in Miami, we were exploring locations to do the couples trash the dress and found Vizcaya. The bride grew up in the area, so she didn't want to go there since everyone else she knew had, i couldn't believe it - it was PERFECT, i kept seeing beautiful images everywhere! We ended up making a trip back to Miami a few months later after talking it over and found the other historic locations we chose to be part of OUR wedding day!  

Main photo Location:

Vizcaya: kristi_mamashot.jpg

Happy planning lovebirds! x0x0

#9 abs824

abs824
                  • 153 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Anyone have there wedding at The Alexander hotel? 

#10 AllyD

AllyD
                    • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Yes! If you are going to Miami to check out venues, there is a definite couple you should check out. If you want it outdoors, there is the Bath Club, Miami Botanical Gardens, Vizcaya Museum...and a couple more. There is an awesome list here you can look at to give you an idea of what is around the area http://new.bestmiami...nues-locations/

There is also a really beautiful Spanish Monastery on the list you could check out!

Ally D

Community Outreach

Best Miami Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users