Sign in to follow this  
AmyInMI

Best makeup for pictures

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!! I really appreciate all of your comments. Jessalyn, thanks for the articles, they offered a lot of advice. Lizzy, the quick consult sounds like something I would be interested in, just something subtle but a bit different than my everyday look. I will prob head in there Saturday morning. Thanks again everyone!!

I also really like Stila makeup...have fun with your pics and I hope you will share some

Question to photographers out there:

I heard somewhere not to use translucent powder for pictures since it will make the face appear whiter than the rest of you if a flash is used?

How true is this statement?

Any foundation suggestions for airbrushed looking skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Question to photographers out there:
I heard somewhere not to use translucent powder for pictures since it will make the face appear whiter than the rest of you if a flash is used?
How true is this statement?

Any foundation suggestions for airbrushed looking skin?
I know that MAC Studio Fix is suppose to be great for photographs! (sorry, I am not a photographer)

I am neither a photographer, nor do I wear makeup on a regular basis (read: ever), but I bought Mac studio fix foundation & powder for my wedding and I think it looked fabulous. It's not something my skin could handle every day, but I think it looked natural, photogaphed great and was easy to work with.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
I know that MAC Studio Fix is suppose to be great for photographs! (sorry, I am not a photographer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseSarah View Post
I am neither a photographer, nor do I wear makeup on a regular basis (read: ever), but I bought Mac studio fix foundation & powder for my wedding and I think it looked fabulous. It's not something my skin could handle every day, but I think it looked natural, photogaphed great and was easy to work with.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you both :) I only use a tinted moisturizer every day, it's very 'thin'. I will check out Studio Fix.

Sarah, your makeup was flawless! You know I loved it.

the girls at sephora told me "makeup forever" photographs well. The powder was $22. I didn't buy it, because I'm still shopping around for my june wedding.

I did my own makeup for our engagement pics, because we wanted to get an early morning start before the gardens were full of people. Taking blotting paper is a great idea. We were so hot & we kept wiping our sweat off with paper towels. We'd get them mixed up after each shoot. It was gross. I wish I had brought towels with us.