Photo

donation and small gift vs bags?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 niki2rude

niki2rude
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

i have been considering something other than the welcome/gift bag idea. i have been considering getting everyone a small gift that will be presented on the tables at the wedding reception and also do a donation on behalf of everyone to 2 foundations we believe in.
    Has anyone else done this before or is a welcome/gift bag really still the etiquette/expected for a DW?
    ~~Getting hitched November 5th, 2009~~
    Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
    Mayan Riviera, Mexico

http://tickers.Ticke....f381/event.png

#2 merocket59

merocket59
    • 937 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

You can do something other than a welcome bag, they are a nice geasture but not mandatory, the donation idea sounds really nice.

#3 LIW

LIW
      • 197 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

FH and I will be doing this exact thing.

After many discussion, we decided that doing large OOT bags would be a financial and logistical hassel.

Instead, we've decided to give our guests travel mugs, which we can hand out a head of time, or at the airport, and then make a donation to 2 charities that mean something to us. I think it's a nice gesture, and honestly, a better use of money, plus, the less things we have to bring with us, the better.
        http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#4 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
        • 361 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

we decided to get rid of the OOT bags and are buying a nice box of Godiva chocolates to be at each place setting with a note that we've donated to the American Heart Association (my dad passed a few years ago from a heart attack). Our guest list is about 25, which by any means isn't as big as some of the ones here, but it would be a PITA to get everything down to Mexico!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users