Ideas to include my brother

So, we are having 3 BM and 3 GM and 2 of the GM are FI's brothers. We decided this about 9 months ago. This week, my only brother tells me he is disappointed that he is not standing up in the wedding. I have asked him to do a reading and introduce us at the reception since we are using an IPOD. Any other ideas of how to include him? We have already decided on the wedding party and don't want to add him just because he feels neglected (he is 29 years old). My mom is pressuring me, too. Thoughts? Help!

it's what you guys want, if he's not satisfied with doing a reading and the introduction then he will have to get over it. Or you could let him do a toast at the reception. I am having my friend who is not in the wedding party do the toast on both of our behalves, she introduced us.

I guess it depends on how he feels neglected. Some people would probably be more offended if you asked them to do speeches without giving them the honor of being in the bridal party, but if he just wants to be included then it's not a bad solution. You could also get him to act as an usher and welcome/seat people at the ceremony.

Honestly, If your brother expressed his disappointment and you truely feel he's disappointed you need to find someway to incorporate him so that he is not an after thought. I'm strugging with a simular situation with my only brother who is not currently in the wedding. For me in the long run its easier just to add him in (and have a wedding party of 4men and 3women) Think about his feeling too and how long you will have to deal with the backlash of keeping him out. I know he may throw your numbers off but in the long run it might just be better to bite the bullet and be off. Have your maid of honor walk back down the aisle with two groomsmen.

I'm sure this is not your situation but I am asking my brother to walk me down the aisle because my dad likely won't be coming and my dad and I are not close anyways. Not the tradition but DW aren't supposed to be. Maybe he could walk you down with your dad? Maybe you can also designate a "special" dance with just him and you like the father/daughter dance does or the mother/son dance. It would be really special to me to have a dance with my brother.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics