ARgh! Why is travel from the US so expensive??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

I just wanted to vent a little and "hopefully" get some words of wisdom from the BDW brides from the U.S..

I am trying to coordinate travel for my photog from OH. I have been checking prices online and cannot believe the difference in cost of travel from the States compared to that in Canada!

My guests leaving from Toronto are paying $1300 pp (taxes included) for a full week in Punta Cana...it is about the same amount of money for a flight out of OH for only 4 days/3 nights! And that's not even taking into account the exchange rate! I thought that maybe it would be cheaper finding a package for a week but the rates go up like $600 more pp. It's just really frustrating because I want the best travel arrangements for my photog (no overnight lay overs, less than 2 stops etc) but without breaking the bank either.

Maybe I'm just not looking at the right travel providers properly? I've checked out Apple Vacations, American Airlines Vacations, US Airways Vacations...just to name a few. Are there other tour operators in the U.S. that offer chartered flights? My TA is has not been able to be very helpful as she only has access to Canadian Tour operators such as Transat, Sunquest, Sunwing etc.

Anyway, thanks for listening...I know I'll find something eventually (I have 7 1/2 months to go). Any direction you guys could send me in would be more than appreciated!
    First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#2 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

Maybe see what a BDW TA can find for you? They might be able to find a better package.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#3 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

Honestly, I didn't even think of that option...DUH! I'm so silly sometimes! Thanks!
        First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#4 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

that's what i was thinking. they don't make any money off of booking air, but maybe one of them will feel sorry for you and help out of the goodness of their heart

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users