bride6262
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

what credit?

Originally Posted by Apolloniacreed 

Hello Canadiangirl,

Here is a picture of Blue Lagoon

http://www.oyster.co...and-spa-v85340/

I chose BL.  I think you will be happy with the space...

I chose the dendrobian renewal package. We'll have a civil ceremonly before we leave... It will save us about $800.  We'll probably upgrade our flowers.  The florist the hotel uses is Tai Flora.  I've been reading that it's probably best to go directly through them and mention the credit you get with your package rather than upgrading through the hotel because they try to charge a little bit more than the florist would directly.  I may do a few things DIY if I have the time...

Joy

#12 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I am going to be arriving that day and getting married that week too! although i am just starting which scares me that i am starting too late!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

were getting married april 14 2012 at the GPLH...i decided on the Blue Lagoon for our reception, I was told in order to do the beach reception (which is what i originally wanted) it would be off the buffet menu in which case there was a min number of people you needed to have there.What ive done is e-mailed my W/C manager and requested pics of the Blue Lagoon..once i get something back ill let you know.

What date are you getting married? what package did u go with? it would be great to share some ideas around

#13 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

honestly you have 9 months, and the best thing about a destination wedding is that once you pick what you wants its really simple. and most of it can be done when you get there! dont worry about your timeline youll be fine!

have you booked your package yet?

do you have your date?

are you upgrading your flowers at all?

reception location...private/semi private?

really thats all you need to do now...and your w/c will help you with all that. if you want to know what were doing id be happy to help

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

I am going to be arriving that day and getting married that week too! although i am just starting which scares me that i am starting too late!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#14 carrieb258

carrieb258
        • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Congrats and welcome

#15 mandijacole

mandijacole
          • 156 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#16 Vancity Bride

Vancity Bride
            • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hello!!

Very new to the forum! I'm getting married April 18, 2012 at the GPJ in Montego Bay and can't wait :) I've been working with a wedding coordinator and have just made our decisions on the reception location (Blue Lagoon) thanks to some posts in here - thank you!

Wondering: has anyone found some good and reasonably priced photographers in the area that they can recommend? Or does anyone know the name of the photographer who shoots for the resort (included in the packages)? We're looking to get some ideas...

Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users