Photo

Westin or Marquis?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jfromsf

jfromsf
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

I would love any info or opinions on the Westin or Marquis hotels. My fiance and I have narrowed it down to either of those hotels and I haven't found many postings on either one, so any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Oh yeah, we are planning on 50 - 100 people and for sometime this November.

Thanks!

Jill

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
    • 4,172 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I can't remember where I read it, not here.... but there was negative reviews about the Marquis. I will see if I can find it somewhere. It looks like a beautiful place ...it was more about issues with the coordinator.

#3 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
      • 74 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

Congratulations!

Everything else aside (from a photographers perspective) I would choose The Marquis hands down. I have shot at both hotels. The Marquis will offer many photo-ops and there is quick access to an ample sized beach with great light.

#4 unikphoto

unikphoto
        • Vendor
        • 87 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

They are somewhat different. They are both higher class hotels, luxurious but not high-end. The Marqu­s is less than half the size of Westin Regina. Both are on the corridor and that gives them an air of exclusivity, excellent for honeymooners. On my side of things, photographic, I would choose the Westin Regina for its numerous photo locations and the beach offers more places to boost photography. Architecture-wise, the Westin is also superb, it won a prize for its design back when they finished it, about 7 years ago. Foodwise, though, I personally would prefer the Marquis, that's my experience. Hope it helps you
          I would love any info or opinions on the Westin or Marquis hotels. My fiance and I have narrowed it down to either of those hotels and I haven't found many postings on either one, so any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Oh yeah, we are planning on 50 - 100 people and for sometime this November.

Thanks!

Jill

#5 Lizette

Lizette
          • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hello,

Please read my recent post. Maybe this will help you decide.
            "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always...

#6 Bridget810

Bridget810
            • 168 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:51 AM

There is a recent negative review about the Westin (maybe it is the above poster--Lizette's?). I would link it if I knew how.. Lizette, if it is you, could you post a link to your review?

#7 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have not been to the Marquis, but I did get married at the Westin in August 2008, so if you'd like to ask any questions I will be happy to answer them. The Westin has very unique architecture, designed by famous architect Javier Sordo Madaleno, and there are a lot of great photo possibilities there.

Here's a link to some photos I took of the property: Picasa Web Albums - Maura & Jose - Westin Los Ca...

And here's a link to some of my wedding photos there: Picasa Web Albums - Maura & Jose - Maura & Jos©'...

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

I have stayed at both, although I wasn't married at either... I prefer the Marquis.

#9 moss

moss
                • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Marquis, definitely. I have worked and stayed at both hotels and they are really nice, service and all. But it seems to me that Marquis will provide a better service for you. Should you need more detailed answer pls let me know, as I would not like to openly hurt any feelings! he, just not my style. Good Luck!

#10 unikphoto

unikphoto
                  • Vendor
                  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

Thank you for sharing those photos Maura they are nice! I always say the Westin is a very unique place but seldom chosen but the photo ops are great and plenty!
                    martin
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Maura
                    I have not been to the Marquis, but I did get married at the Westin in August 2008, so if you'd like to ask any questions I will be happy to answer them. The Westin has very unique architecture, designed by famous architect Javier Sordo Madaleno, and there are a lot of great photo possibilities there.

Here's a link to some photos I took of the property: Picasa Web Albums - Maura & Jose - Westin Los Ca...

And here's a link to some of my wedding photos there: Picasa Web Albums - Maura & Jose - Maura & Jos©'...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users