Sign in to follow this  
FutureMRS.

RIU resorts-outside photographer policy

I apologize if this has already been discussed here, but does anyone know what the RIU's photographer policies are? I am planning to book my wedding at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay but am unclear on whether or not I can bring in an outside photographer or another local photographer. I thought I'd ask you ladies first.

TIA!

As far as I know you can but they either have to be a guest at the resort or you have to pay a day pass. I am bringing my own photographer to ROR but he is staying with us for the week :)

Hope that helps

Hey there FutureMrs

I am getting married next month at the RIU in Mo Bay and planning on using an outside photographer. I double checked (and triple checked) with my TA and the resort and the policy is that you can use an outside photographer, but if they are not a guest at the resort, you have to purchase a day-pass for them to be on the premises. Hope that helps!

I'm doing my wedding at the RIU NEgril Clubhotel and i was orginally going to bring my photographer from home but that feel through. they said if he was a guest at the resort then it was fine. now i hired a local Jamaican photographer and i just have to pay a day pass. all this is according to the hotel WC.

We are getting married at Club Hotel Riu Negril, and I would imagine that the price is the same or close to that at Tropical Bay. Our WC said it is $80 per person to have an outside photographer come in.

I guess to add one last confirmation...I was told the same about RMB - the photographer either had to be a guest of the resort/wedding or I had to purchase a day pass for her.