Photo

RIU resorts-outside photographer policy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMRS.

FutureMRS.
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

I apologize if this has already been discussed here, but does anyone know what the RIU's photographer policies are? I am planning to book my wedding at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay but am unclear on whether or not I can bring in an outside photographer or another local photographer. I thought I'd ask you ladies first.

TIA!

#2 kris

kris
    • 506 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

As far as I know you can but they either have to be a guest at the resort or you have to pay a day pass. I am bringing my own photographer to ROR but he is staying with us for the week :)

Hope that helps

#3 marshall1980

marshall1980
      • 52 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hey there FutureMrs

I am getting married next month at the RIU in Mo Bay and planning on using an outside photographer. I double checked (and triple checked) with my TA and the resort and the policy is that you can use an outside photographer, but if they are not a guest at the resort, you have to purchase a day-pass for them to be on the premises. Hope that helps!

#4 inunez

inunez
        • 172 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm doing my wedding at the RIU NEgril Clubhotel and i was orginally going to bring my photographer from home but that feel through. they said if he was a guest at the resort then it was fine. now i hired a local Jamaican photographer and i just have to pay a day pass. all this is according to the hotel WC.

#5 smashlee23

smashlee23
          • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

We are getting married at Club Hotel Riu Negril, and I would imagine that the price is the same or close to that at Tropical Bay. Our WC said it is $80 per person to have an outside photographer come in.

#6 FutureMRS.

FutureMRS.
            • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

Ok great. That's good to know. And $80 for a day pass is not bad at all. Thanks!

#7 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
              • 475 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

I guess to add one last confirmation...I was told the same about RMB - the photographer either had to be a guest of the resort/wedding or I had to purchase a day pass for her.
                Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#8 divadivine25

divadivine25
                • 427 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

ROR per the manager, photographer pass is $75US.

#9 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
                  • 347 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

All they need is a day pass and you are set.. NO problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users