I didn't think it was gonna happen, but it's my turn to Vent! :-(***LONG***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki317 View Post
I agree with the other girls- just tell your cousin flat out that you will have to pay for all these people- he may think because it's an all inclusive resort that it's no big deal.
maybe he didn't even realize. WTF? People are such morons. I'm sure everything will work out for you- try not to stress too much- it's nothing a zanax and a glass of wine won't fix ;-)

I think that 's what alot of people think. They don't realize that even though it's an AI resort; you still have to pay for the wedding reception. I think they just think - I'll go to the wedding - I'm paying my own travel expenses - and the resort provides my food and drink - and then I'll just wander on down to the wedding and the reception - kinda like it's part of the resort's entertainment...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get him told personally. It's annoying me that my MOH decided to bring her mate whom i've never met and she was wanting to come to the wedding!! Now I'm sorry but I find that freaking weird why would a stranger want to come to my wedding!!

I told her straight its costing me a fortune i'm not paying for her as it turned out that gave her the get out clause she wanted so she possibly isn't coming lol

Oh man! I'm sorry that you're having to deal with it. You should definitely say something though. People need to know that the wedding isn't a free for all and that you've taken time and energy to plan out everything for the amount of people that YOU invited and expect to come. Let us know how it goes with your cousin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
awww Jenn sad.gif I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel, I remember the day my mom called me and told me 6 of her friends that I didn't even know were coming. I wanted to choke her.

BTW, I know exactly who you're talking about, he called me the other day, I thought it was odd that he was telling me there were 6-10 people possibly going, odd that you hadn't mentioned this large group, lol!

Don't worry, everything will work out and you'll have a beautiful wedding day :)
yea..I'm a little more over it today. I still have yet to talk to him..But I am going there this weekend to have him try on his GM shirt...I'm gonna find out if they are just going to Mexico for vacation (Which is fine) or if he just assumed they would all come to the wedding.

Jill, if he calls you wanting to Book 10 people..Let me know & I will choke him!! LOL

I know that when all is said & done I will write my review saying that all this didn't matter (At least i hope so! )....But i think it's written somewhere that the Bride has to stress over stupid Drama at least once before the Wedding!! :-)

Thanks Ladies! I will let you know how is turns out :)

I agree with everybody else.

I would also let them know that if they want to eat dinner at the reception that they would need to pay the $42 + 15% service + 10% tax before you leave for your wedding. See what they say then.

They weren't invited by you so why should you have to pay. KWIM? Each additional person adds up and if you have a set budget stick to it. If it didn't include them make them pay.

Haha..I love it!!..Your right though. I finally told my sister today and she is like, "You better get on the phone and tell him that you hope his Girlfriends mom is coming to watch the kids during the Wedding or something, because she sure as hell wasn't invited!!" LOL

This weekend should definitely be interesting.

FI just got tickets to the last Sixers game of the season tomorrow and I am trying to get him to ask my Cousin to go so he can find out what the deal is..LOL We'll see. Either way I will talk to him this weekend, because he promised me a final head count of whoevers booking :-)

The more I think about it...The more I dont feel bad about the mother and brother not coming to the actual Wedding!!

I mean I don't know them!!! Not sure what I was thinking yesterday, but I was including them and that is just stupid of me. And even more stupid of them to think they would be invited.

It's my Wedding...My Money and most of MY Day!! LOL ooohh let me call the Show Bridezillas and sign up now!! LOL

I am in the same boat as I have 5 ppl (thus far) who are going but weren't invited actually I've never met any of them. 3 are women from my mom's job, mind she she has only been working there for ab 3 months meaning these ladies booked the cruise after knowing my mom for less than a month. What I did was post on my website that anyone who wasn't officially invited would have to pay (directly to myself of my fi) a fee between $35-$50 pp to cover the wedding cost.

I think people forget that we are paying for things even thou it's a destination wedding. People would not invite ppl to a wedding at home, but the vacay aspect is the reason why they invite ppl. I am happy that ppl want to go but we budgeted for ppl we know and anyone else is welcome to go but we are not paying for them.

Well ladies..I am going there tomorrow to give him the Groomsmen Shirt and i was all prepaed to let him know about himself, but I just logged on to Myspace and saw that he left me a message.

I guess he booked his trip or he at least is ready to book, because he said,

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that it's 6 of us going and 1 Kid" he the told me all who were going.

I figured this was my opportunity to either go off, or play it cool...I decided to play it cool and I said ok & i asked him who he wound up booking with and what days they are going. Then I said,

"Is your GF's kid coming to the Wedding with you and her, or is He/She staying with her Mom & Brother that day? I just need to know for my head count" LOL

I was very nice in the e-mail and I played it off like i just assumed he wouldn't think they were coming to the Wedding.

We shall see what he says! I will put **Update* in the title of this thread when he gets back to me, or after tomorrow when I see him :-)

Thanks for the advice girls...I really appreciate it and it really helped me stand my ground!!