Photo

Blocking rooms

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

How early did everyone start blocking rooms at the hotel?

I am in the process of trying to estimate how many rooms I will need to block so that my TA can start the paperwork with the hotel. since my wedding isn't until April 2010, I don't want to seem pushy by asking all my guests if they think they are actually going or not.
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
    • 369 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

I started blocking rooms last month... I'm getting married August 2010. I based the number of rooms I needed to block on the amount of guests I was going to invite. I don't have to pay for unused rooms so I took my maximum amount of guests as an estimate.

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

I blocked in January for November. I sent an email out to family and close friends and asked if they thought they may be coming and got a good # from there. I went over on the room block because it is Thanksgiving weekend and the hotel books up - but we can drop any amount until May, and then we can drop certain percentages of rooms after that if they aren't booking - the being able to drop rooms is very helpful and highly recommended

#4 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

thanks!! My TA told me that I will be able to release any unbooked rooms 90 days before my depature date. I should, hopefully, know by then who is going and who isn't.
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users