Photo

paraisobeachbride2009's MASSIVE Iberostar Paraiso Beach Wedding Review with Pics!!!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Stina168

Stina168
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gail
    thanks Kathy. I love the pic of him dipping you too. What decor were extra- if you could give more info on the extras. I e mailed her along time ago about that. The pic she sends of gazebo- she said all was included (arch, drapery, chair covers..) she said only thing extra were natural flowers Can I ask what they charge? Is it worth getting private florist??
    I am wondering the same thing! Did she mention how much it would cost to decorate the whole arch?

#22 Stina168

Stina168
    • 170 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thanks so much for the thorough review! I know that took a lot of time, but we all appreciate it so much! You looked beautiful!

#23 Stina168

Stina168
      • 170 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thanks so much for the thorough review! I know that took a lot of time, but we all appreciate it so much! You looked beautiful!

#24 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
        • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:00 AM

What a great review! The pics look gorgeous and I am so glad you wrote about Coco Bongo and the other things to do b/c my wedding is in Playa! Thanks =)

#25 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

What a great review! I'm sure all the info you provided will come in handy for future brides. Congratulations again!
            Michelle

#26 Angel

Angel
            • 2,635 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

What a great review!!! Even though you had a few hiccups everything looked great. Congrats!!!

#27 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gail
                thanks Kathy. I love the pic of him dipping you too. What decor were extra- if you could give more info on the extras. I e mailed her along time ago about that. The pic she sends of gazebo- she said all was included (arch, drapery, chair covers..) she said only thing extra were natural flowers Can I ask what they charge? Is it worth getting private florist??
                Hmm, I'll do my best to help you out with this one. She is correct about the arch, drapery, chair covers all being included. Just be aware that that arch is BARE until you tell her you want to add a floral arrangement to it. If you want something more than flowers on it, say an ivy, for example, I would be sure to say that and double check with her. The additional floral arrangements for the columns and the arch were $25 USD each I believe. I don't know if that's comparable to off-site florist prices as this was something I did not look in to. If you have something very specific in mind for your arrangements, I would definitely consider a private florist, that way you will know exactly what you are getting and what you are paying for. Like I said, the additional flowers weren't hideous or anything, but it's not what I had pictured in my head when she said that they would match the bouquet, because really...they didn't use most of the same flowers for them that they did in my bouquet. I hope this helps!

#28 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Stina168
                  I am wondering the same thing! Did she mention how much it would cost to decorate the whole arch?
                  No she didn't mention how much it would cost to decorate the whole arch, and I didn't think to ask because I was under the impression that the whole thing WOULD be decorate lol, boy was I wrong. Sorry I can't be more help on this one, just make very certain that if you want something other than the plain old undecorated arch by itself that you tell her in great detail how you want it to look.

#29 akbeach

akbeach
                  • 169 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the detailed info! I am looking forward to my wedding in June and you helped answer some questions. Love the hair and your pics!
                    http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
                    Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#30 sunandrun

sunandrun
                    • 74 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

Thanks you so much for your excellent review. You covered absolutely everything!! Your pictures are beautiful too. I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind?
                      1. Is the steakhouse air conditioned? Was everyone able to order off of the menu? Did they cover your table with special linens?
                      2. Did you do anything with your group after the wedding? How about a cocktail hour?

I am trying to keep my costs down. I was thinking I could do the dinner like you did and then do a cocktail hour by the pool with a dj. That would save me the $800 or more for the reception. Any suggestions. Thanks

Oh, 1 more thing. Did you have a meeting spot for your group to meet during the day and in the evening? I was thinking about rotating between the 2 lobby bars in the evening and by the pool bar on the del mar side during the day. Do you know the name of that bar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users