Photo

Wedding at the Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

I am trying to plan my wedding in beautiful Cabo San Lucas and am wondering about the Riu Palace. I'm looking for a beach ceremony and reception following. I have read that a lot of people have their reception at the steakhouse. Is the mexican restaurant any good. I just figure, when in Mexico.... Also, we want to have dancing but I am not interested in renting out the disco. I would like to have it all on the beach. Is this possible? Any suggestions or comments would really help. Thanks!!!

#2 jamk32179

jamk32179
    • 341 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

If you search Riu Palace there is a lot of great information from past brides. I know there is a slide show that shows a beach reception with dancing. I too am planning a Cabo Riu wedding for May 2010. I am going down there this coming May and can pass along any additional information!
      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#3 Jen & Josh

Jen & Josh
      • 75 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Ours is there on 3/31/09.....just right around the corner. We are using the Mexican Resteraunt.

#4 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
        • 81 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hi Jen and Josh! Congrats on your up coming wedding. Is Daniella the WC? I have heard mixed reviews about her. Have you ordered anything extra? I really think the Mexican restaurant will be fun. Have you seen pictures of the restaurant?

#5 Jen & Josh

Jen & Josh
          • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Daniella is the coordinater. So far she has been great to work with. I am not getting any extras, just what is included in the wedding package. She did send me pics of all the restaurants so I did see it. It looked really pretty.

#6 saltocoach

saltocoach
            • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

I was at the Riu this past November for a site inspection. The Mexican restaurant has terrific views. I wasn't crazy about the food though. We were in the second seating and the food seemed a bit cold to me. The restuarant I'll probably be using is the steakhouse. The views are not as good as the Mexican terrace but it's good for us. What I REALLY want is the steakhouse food at the baja norte (poolside). Haven't received prices for that yet though. In my opinion you picked a really great resort and Daniella is great to work with. She took my FI and I on a site inspection and gave us at least an hour of her time. She is very efficient and works very hard to make your day great. I'll see if I can post a few of the pics that I took of other weddings when I was down there.

#7 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
              • Vendor
              • 105 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hi there, you can view pictures of wedding ceremony and reception at the riu palace clicking on the link below, it should help you a lot:

Picasa Web Albums - MangoWeddings - Riu Palace Lo...
                Jerome Dieu
                Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
                Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#8 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
                • Vendor
                • 105 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hi there, you can view pictures of wedding ceremony and reception at the riu palace clicking on the link below, it should help you a lot:

Picasa Web Albums - MangoWeddings - Riu Palace Lo...
                  Jerome Dieu
                  Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
                  Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#9 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
                  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Jerome for the pictures. I really like the reception on the beach pictures. Does anyone know which restaurant you can have dinner on the beach like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users