Photo

What's something you saw at a wedding that made you swear...

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#231 frannkie

frannkie
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:02 AM

Oh Rachel that sounds terrible, but I can't stop laughing, some people just don't have a clue.

#232 mexico102

mexico102
    • 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

One thing that I saw at several weddings that made me swear never was......my entire (extended)family!!! LOL Perfect solution.....destination wedding!!!!

#233 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mexico102
        One thing that I saw at several weddings that made me swear never was......my entire (extended)family!!! LOL Perfect solution.....destination wedding!!!!
        LOL!!! I second that!!

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#234 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

My sister had a potluck wedding... And the paper streamers and plastic flowers... Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery.... That's why I'm going to Disney! lol

#235 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexico102
            this made me totally die laughing. isn't that why most of us have DWs? haha

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
            My sister had a potluck wedding... And the paper streamers and plastic flowers... Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery.... That's why I'm going to Disney! lol
            good call!

#236 kclyburn

kclyburn
            • 153 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

These stories are GREAT! I can't stop laughing at some of your experiences!!!

#237 MSBRANDI

MSBRANDI
              • 124 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

OMG you all are so funny!
                Mine is definitely not funny, but here's one thing that I had to shake my head on.
                After the bride and groom did their kiss. And I mean literally soon as they kissed, the so called wedding coordinator sent the hostesses down the aisle to pick up the candles that were on the floor by the pews. They were going to use them at the reception, so they wanted to get them there in time. But, it could have waited at least until the bridal party, and bride and groom made it down the aisle!

I am all for saving money, but free services sometimes is not worth it. This was just one of the disasters that happened at this wedding.

#238 hoyt75

hoyt75
                • 371 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Our good friends got married 2 weeks before us. They owned a house together for 2 years before they got engaged, were engaged for 1 1/2 years and had a big wedding locally. DH was a groomsman so while him and the groom were getting ready, the rest of the guests were hanging out in the reception area. They had this HUGE floral arrangement and a giant portriat of them on this table and somebody knocked over the whole table, taking down and destroying the flower arrangement and the portriat, it made the biggest mess and the bride was very upset when she found out about it. I looked over my my almost mil and said, "this is why we're going to Mexico". We bought a house in June, got engaged in October and were married the 1st weekend in April. Why drag it out into a big long process? I knew what I wanted and I went out and got it and didn't let anyone tell us otherwise. That's how I roll.

#239 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
                  • 426 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Ummm....at my wedding my drunk 18 year old sister coming up to me when I was talking to my inlaws and saying "I have to go change my tampon I'll be right back." REALLY, Katie!?!? This is why teenagers shouldn't drink. :)

#240 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
                    • 2,727 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

OMG Tricia that is too funny and you are totally right, that is why there is a legal drinking age haha I would have died and asked the inlaws if that girl was part of their side of the family lol
                      He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                      My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users