What's something you saw at a wedding that made you swear...

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#191 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by courtney_b00
    Ok I thought of something to share....this was my stepsister's wedding in December, which I did not attend. Let's just say I do not get along with my stepfamily at all, so I love being able to share this with everyone. My stepmom is close to 60 years old, but thinks she is 20 and dresses like it. This wedding, like I said, took place in December...in Indiana, so it was quite cold. Here is the MOB...in her dress lighting the candles in front of the ENTIRE church & everyone attending. (She is on the left)

How inappropriate and trashy is that? If that was my mom, I would slap some sense into her & make her put on a jacket! Nothing against tattoos, I have one, but I know when it should be covered up.
    oh my god i love the contrast b/t MOB and MOG!!! that's horrible, put on a jacket lady!!

#192 arizonabride

• 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Well, Wedinator & Etiquette Hell have nothin' on this thread! Hilarious!

I went to an Irish wedding once that was held in the courtyard/patio of an Irish restaurant/pub. The groom's relatives had all flown in from Ireland and the ceremony was done by a Catholic priest. The bride was so late that the priest had to leave and do another ceremony. He said he'd be back as soon as he could. The bride showed up about twenty minutes later and then the groom and his friends decided to tap the Guinness keg while they waited for the priest to come back! Needless to say, the groom was bombed by the time the ceremony started and he was slurring his vows. He got embarrassed at one point and bent over and kissed the bible in the priests hands. I had agreed to help video the whole thing. I took a break to eat when the reception started. I thought I turned the camera off and set it on the next table. When we went to view the video, I had actually accidentally recorded the groom and his sister getting into a major argument and she had hauled off and slapped him across the face! We had to make a few different versions of that video!

For my own first wedding, about 10 yrs ago, I had a DW with about 11 guests. My FI's very conservative mother decided to bring a girlfriend along because she had recently lost her husband. Well, this "friend" ended up cornering my Dad during the reception while my Mom was in the restroom. She shoved her tongue down my Dad's throat and propositioned him to have an affair upon their return to AZ! Ha! We never heard about this friend ever again and almost all the pictures of her on the trip vanished from my (ex) MIL's albums! My Mom still doesn't know about this and never will!

These are all reasons why I'm glad I'm eloping this time!

#193 courtney_b00

• 417 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by carolina24
        oh my god i love the contrast b/t MOB and MOG!!! that's horrible, put on a jacket lady!!
        Haha I know, isn't it inappropriate? I heard from so many people that went to the wedding that they though the MOG looked so nice and well the MOB did NOT. Ugh she's gross.

#194 Pazzesca

• 210 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

how is this not an active thread still?!?! this thread made my whole friday at work! i've been laughing to myself reading each story!

i went to a wedding where the couple met online. normal these days but she moved into his house 2 months after they started dating and i think they got engaged a month after that. they had their wedding about 4 months after their engagement.

anyway, i'm there with my FI (then boyfriend) and the bride's step-father gets up to make a toast and talks about how they met online talked badly about it! then the bride's best friend makes a toast and it turned into a long story about their entire friendship nearly told in real time. it was so boring and waaay to long.

this couple also didn't want any pop music played at their wedding and they didn't want to do anything traditional except cut the cake. it was really boring listening to indie rock music nearly the entire time, and i like indie rock music! there is a place for everything and needless to say there were only children dancing. at least until the point where the dj began playing some pop songs and lots of people hit the dance floor, including me! i danced with the groom's mother to a gwen stefani song!

later while watching their wedding video the couple complained that they didn't like the way it came out. After watching it, I could see why. there were no "moments" really captured. there was the couple's first dance and the mother/son dance and the stepfather/daughter dance but after that nothing but kids dancing and swaying and then the little bit where everyone else was dancing to pop music.

they actually complained that the dj played about 45 minutes of pop music after they specially asked him not to. they particularly complained about gwen stefani being played!

#195 Pazzesca

• 210 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Geralyn
            I went to a wedding in Jersey where the bride was so wasted after the cocktail hour that right after she and her DH were introduced into the reception and did their first dance she had to be helped out...she puked everywhere and then passed out in the bridal sweet for the rest of the night! She missed her whole wedding!!
            my sister went to a wedding where that happened (in jersey, where we live). i wonder if it's the same wedding, lmao!!

if you ever read this was it at the Brownstone

#196 *Krista*

• 819 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Wow all I have to say is OMG! This thread totally made my day! When I saw that site of tacky weddings - my only thought is really? really People actually do these things? They must love the attention or something....
              July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#197 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

OMG! How is it that I didn't even know this thread existed and I've been on here since 2008! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your wild and crazy stories and that website is frickin' amazing! My cheeks hurt from laughing so much, lol
                Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#198 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

• Insiders
                • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

All of these stories are so funny!
                  I attended a wedding once that was held in a private Redwood grove... very pretty setting, but the "facilities" consisted of some old rickety picnic tables, a pot luck spread, and port-a-potties. After the ceremony, and just to keep the fun rolling, the groom brought out two Sumo Wrestler padded suits that he had rented, and the bride and groom and many of the guests proceeded to take turns getting into the costumes and bashing each other around a make shift wrestling ring... it was different, that is for sure!
                  Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                  Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#199 sciencegrl10

• 33 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

this is a great thread! i have been laughing all night reading this. i went to a wedding once where the ceremony was pretty nice, however the reception consisted of a boombox, cherry flavored kool-aid, coldcuts and kraft cheese slices on a dollar store "silver" tray. i def understand being on a budget but seriously?!?!

#200 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
                    • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

These stories are great!
                      Never knew Pot Luck weddings existed and had to google it!

I am now very paranoid about a topless lady standing behind me when I'm walking down the aisle, will have to stop myself turning around to check!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users