What's something you saw at a wedding that made you swear...

yamille

I went to a wedding a while back that had a HUGE i mean huge picture of the bride in her wedding dress on the guestbook table right when you first walked in. To me that is just odd?/ the picture is now proudly hung in this persons living room!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a wedding right after I turned 21 where no alcohol was served, there wasn't even a cash bar or anything. No one was dancing, everyone just looked so bored. We just sat at our tables the whole time drinking water & soda. I felt bad for the DJ, he couldn't get anyone to dance. It was so lame.

Well, this one hasn't happened yet but there's going to be a wedding of a friend in a small drinking town at the town hall...with no alcohol. When I say drinking town, I mean, stores and such consist of a convenience store, a single-person hair salon, a bank, and 2 bars. The 2 bars are in EASY walking distance of the hall (one right across the street). I don't know if she just doesn't get it or what, but I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling bad for her b/c people are just going to walk on over to the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyKo View Post
I went to a wedding last summer that had me swearing the whole time. It was a girl I went to high school with, who I hadn't seen but a few times since. She got married at this place called "The Lakes" - which were more like swamps. The ceremony was set on a hill so when you leaned slightly to one side, your chair almost tipped over. They stood in a gazebo to get married and the Groom was so tall, you couldn't see his head. They had Michael Bolton music blaring from a speaker on the top of the building. The preacher said the wrong names. No alcohol at the reception and they had us sitting at a table in the corner down a hallway, so we couldn't see what was going on with the couple from our table.

Lets just say, we needed a couple of shots just to make it through that one. HORRIBLE!!!

The worst part, she offered her planning help with my wedding because she had planned this wedding for over 2 years!! Wow.
HAHAHAHAHA You just made me laugh soooooooooooo hard thank you :) Now I know my wedding will be awesome :)

Well this is something I saw a groom do and I have already warned my FI about it!! LOL

One of his childhood friends got married last summer, and during the Ceremony he would not look at her..You would have thought they were strangers!!! They had to face each other, and hold hands to say their vows and I swear, he looked up, down, at the priest at his hand and also at all of us...Never at her!! LOL I wanted to stand up and just yell, Look at her , please!!!

Also..at this same wedding..Before it started, we saw the priest ride up to the church in his short shorts, tank top and Sandals...All sweaty and disheveled looking. We figured he would shower before he got dressed to marry theses people, well, not only didn't he shower..He kept his dirty sandals on AND he smelled of B.O....Badly.

Then he proceeded to get drunk at the reception that was held in the churhc hall!! LOL

Definitely an interesting night!!

My cousin's wedding was interesting lol Calum Best crashed it!! and i'm not joking lol

I went out half way through to go to the toilet and saw him in the reception and thought "pratt" and went back in told one family member and it spread like wildfire lmao The kids were all out there pouting and batting eyelids and he was signing autographs lol When the attention went off him he stuck his head in the door and was invited in lol He was wandering round the tables getting a free feed lol my cousin was well pissed off so I volunteered to go tell him to sod off lol

Before I could he walked over to our table took one look at me, my FI (typical big squaddie), a cousin (a boxer) and he walked off lmao I think the looks on our faces said it all lmao

My wedding will be a right show lmao i'll have a face like a smacked arse with the in laws and will be half cut (only way to get through it!)

i didn't go to the wedding but my brother did. it was not only a potluck wedding but also BYOB. his friends refer to it as the trailer park wedding

and i saw pictures of a wedding of someone my FI went to high school with. it was folding tables setup in someone's garage, you could see the garage doors in all the pics. the tables had plastic tablecloths which is fine except the head table also had the same plastic tablecloth that came maybe a foot down in the front. so they're sitting at the front of the room and you can see their legs under the table which i thought was just wrong and odd being the head table.

I went to a wedding (as a date, so I didn't know the people) that was held in a restaurant. The WHOLE thing was in the restaurant. There were about 20 of us there, we were seated at a table that was a U shape and were offered drinks. The bride and the groom showed up about 20 minutes later and got married at the opening of the U of the table. We all just stood and watched. I had a new camera so I was trying out the video, they had a video camera and after the 'ceremony' they went to turn the camera and realized they never turned it on. So, their video is a very shaky, blurry 5 minutes from my digital camera.

After the 'ceremony' was finished they sat at the table with us and we all proceeded to order dinner. At the end of the night they asked if we wanted dessert, the bride and groom ordered some cheesecake but no one else really did. To top it all off, after the meal was over the servers came and gave us all our checks, WTF? The bride and the groom stood up and said, "thanks for coming" and walked out the door. We all just looked at each other, started laughing and then went to the bar.

Worst Wedding Ever!

an ex-friend of mine used to do some photography and got hired to shoot a wedding. she asked me to come along as her assistant (basically handing off second cameras to her, changing film rolls, etc.). so i go. the wedding is low-budget and at a firemens' hall (nothing wrong with that if that's what you can afford).

people got SO TOTALLY OBLITERATED DRUNK off of shots that a fist-fight broke out on the dance floor, the groom fell and almost broke his nose (it was bleeding all over), and guests wives were caught hooking up with other people's husbands in the parking lot, etc. etc. etc. OMG!

at the time i swore that when i got married i would have an open bar but *definitely* NOT allow straight shots. somehow tho, i don't think i can get away with that at an all-inclusive, LOL, so i'll have to just cross my fingers that our guests are a higher class of people than that!