What's something you saw at a wedding that made you swear...

yamille

Oooh oooh oh here is another one (this thread is awesome)!!

My sister's best friend got married last year to a man she was only dating for 3 months. Not being known for proper ettiquette, she sent out her own shower invites a week before the date, demanding cash to "help them with thier honeymoon expenses"

Cut to day of wedding, bride is wearing a 3000$ wedding gown that she made her mom buy her (nothing at DB was good enough for her), wedding venue is half empty because everyone including family is tired of giving to this ungrateful gift-grabber without any appreciation in the past and bride refuses to play music because she dislikes traditional receptions. Guests are made to eat in silence while new bride and groom stay outside, chain smoking and drinking with a few of their friends and virtually ignoring everyone inside. Bride trashes dress with spilled alcohol and melted chocolate, and has a "Nightmare before Christmas" cake topper, specifically to get back at her mom for taking control of her wedding plans. Did I mention mom is on a fixed income and is raising 4 grandchildren alone? What a sweet daughter.

No we never got thank you cards, and yes they were married less than a year. What a waste of time and money for everyone.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ash, thanks for the pics! They both look lovely. Did Deyanira say how much that would cost?

I am aiming for Aug 28, 2010 for my date. I am very slow with filling the application out adequately though as there are so many unknowns (I don't know how many people plan to not stay at Dreams??) And I am still a bit wishy-washy on TA's and stuff. My FH is completely USELESS when it comes to this stuff so I am pretty much on my own with it. Hopefully it will get done soon so I can move on to more fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle6114 View Post
Oooh oooh oh here is another one (this thread is awesome)!!
My sister's best friend got married last year to a man she was only dating for 3 months. Not being known for proper ettiquette, she sent out her own shower invites a week before the date, demanding cash to "help them with thier honeymoon expenses"
Cut to day of wedding, bride is wearing a 3000$ wedding gown that she made her mom buy her (nothing at DB was good enough for her), wedding venue is half empty because everyone including family is tired of giving to this ungrateful gift-grabber without any appreciation in the past and bride refuses to play music because she dislikes traditional receptions. Guests are made to eat in silence while new bride and groom stay outside, chain smoking and drinking with a few of their friends and virtually ignoring everyone inside. Bride trashes dress with spilled alcohol and melted chocolate, and has a "Nightmare before Christmas" cake topper, specifically to get back at her mom for taking control of her wedding plans. Did I mention mom is on a fixed income and is raising 4 grandchildren alone? What a sweet daughter.
No we never got thank you cards, and yes they were married less than a year. What a waste of time and money for everyone.
Hmm, she sounds like some of my relatives... lol And it's kinda funny that she had a Nightmare before Christmas topper, because she SOUNDS like a nightmare. Man, she'd get told so quick lol

LOL!!! Throwing up on your dress?! What is wrong with these girls? I mean have fun, have a cocktail but damn!

Ok, so I haven't been to too many weddings but this was the worst:

Bride met groom 5 months pregnant... he proposes and they marry, with her 8 months pregnant.

It's on a Wednesday night in Santa Barbara, CA which is almost 2 hours away @ 7pm so rushing out of work to change and drive up (in traffic) to no actual address, it's a beach location so we are late driving back and forth trying to find out where the portion of beach they are at is. We get there around 7:30pm or later because by time we're standing on the beach it's COMPLETELY dark. There were about 25 of us and we were lined up making an aisle way for the bride. The person at the end of the aisle where she starts her walk is holding a boom box and plays a cd of the Celine Dion Titanic Song, "My Heart Will Go On"

The sheer cheesiness of the moment causes laughter burst in me and my best friend which no one can even tell who did it because we're in the dark. 5 seconds into the song it skips, the entire time. We could barely see the bride and who she was marrying, we couldn't hear a word anyone said due to the nearby crashing waves and they were faced away from us.

We went to a local restarant after and each paid for our own meal which was fine, at least we were told this was happening. The ceremony was pointless though not being able to see or hear her.

Marriage lasted about 6 months... you can't marry the first man that proposes while you're pregnant, this guy has done this since twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
LOL!!! Throwing up on your dress?! What is wrong with these girls? I mean have fun, have a cocktail but damn!

Ok, so I haven't been to too many weddings but this was the worst:

Bride met groom 5 months pregnant... he proposes and they marry, with her 8 months pregnant.

It's on a Wednesday night in Santa Barbara, CA which is almost 2 hours away @ 7pm so rushing out of work to change and drive up (in traffic) to no actual address, it's a beach location so we are late driving back and forth trying to find out where the portion of beach they are at is. We get there around 7:30pm or later because by time we're standing on the beach it's COMPLETELY dark. There were about 25 of us and we were lined up making an aisle way for the bride. The person at the end of the aisle where she starts her walk is holding a boom box and plays a cd of the Celine Dion Titanic Song, "My Heart Will Go On"

The sheer cheesiness of the moment causes laughter burst in me and my best friend which no one can even tell who did it because we're in the dark. 5 seconds into the song it skips, the entire time. We could barely see the bride and who she was marrying, we couldn't hear a word anyone said due to the nearby crashing waves and they were faced away from us.

We went to a local restarant after and each paid for our own meal which was fine, at least we were told this was happening. The ceremony was pointless though not being able to see or hear her.

Marriage lasted about 6 months... you can't marry the first man that proposes while you're pregnant, this guy has done this since twice!
Oh my goodness - that's all I can say ha ha ha

The guy has done this twice since with pregnant women? Most guys I know would run the other way.