What's something you saw at a wedding that made you swear...

yamille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralyn View Post
I went to a wedding in Jersey where the bride was so wasted after the cocktail hour that right after she and her DH were introduced into the reception and did their first dance she had to be helped out...she puked everywhere and then passed out in the bridal sweet for the rest of the night! She missed her whole wedding!!
haha WOW. yet another jersey girl giving us a bad rep, lol!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My story isn't the funniest but is def. one thing I won't do!!!

We went to FI cousins wedding on the 4th of July. They had already spent $20k at this point when the cousin started calling people for donations to help supply alcohol. Cousin then called us and asked for money for fireworks. We couldn't believe this! (This is FI's

3rd cousin at that!) So, we wanted to be kind and ended up buying $500 worth of fireworks to surprise them. It was also my FI Bday and since he was missing out on bday celebration he thought it would be a fun surprise... this wedding was July 4th, 2009. It is now coming into January and we have YET to receive thank you cards! I know this seems silly but were a little pissed that after all of this we haven't received a thank you!

Oh well.. you live and you learn! That's what you sometimes get for being too nice!

Adriana

I attended a wedding of one my former dance student. She was very young 18 year old bride and the ceremony was very nice. At the reception they had just served the food and they asked a missionary to speak. Well she starts a full on preaching sermon and 15 minutes in to it gets mad at everyone for eating and asks us to stop. So we all stop eating while she goes on for another 35 mins while every ones food is cold. And to top it off she keeps referring to the bride as Leeann instead of Luwann. We left right after that, we were scared there would be more preaching done at a wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, this is the best thread ever

My brother got engaged (dated 3 months) a few months after I did, and then got married a few months before I did. Basically 'stealing my thunder' in the process as well as his wife's sister who was also getting married.

anyway, I am a BM and the day of the rehearsal I realise that no one knows where they are supposed to be and when the next day. I spend most of the rehearsal dinner figuring this out for myself and the rest of the bridal party. I did no even know the name of the salon where the bride had booked my hair appointment. Next day I go and get my hair done, it was expensive, and no offer from the bride to help with the cost, ok, fine I get that they don't have a lot of money. Groomsman had to pay for their rented vests, shirts etc, fortunately my mom made the BM dresses so they were cheap.

I find out from my hubby (a groomsman) that the Best man got a call early in the morning to go and pick up car decorations because my brother forgot to. He spends several hours running around and finally finds some (the are terribly ugly). My brother never pays him back

The walking down the aisle gets terribly awkward when the bride misses her entrance, the musicians star to play again, she misses it again, and then finally appears. My poor brother, he thought she's done a runner!

The whole thing was also very religious, a prayer with every speech, and no booze at all (except what we could smuggle in). My brother kept wondering why no one was dancing, and I pointed out that no one was drunk enough. Then the 3rd song in is a piece called "pump it" by a local band, and the lyrics are clearly about masturbation. Fortunately by this point most of the guests had either gone home or gone outside for a smoke and fresh air.

Their wedding was the perfect example of why wedding coordinators are a good idea.

also, it's been 5 months now, and still no thank you cards from either the wedding or bridal showers. I am pretty sure I'll have my thank yous out before them, and I got married less then a month ago

• 3 weeks later...

My MOH - and I hope I don't go to some kind of friend hell for this - got married 2 years ago and I am sad to say that I use her wedding as an example of everything I don't want.

To begin with, enclosed in her invitations was a magnetic photo frame with a picture of her two sons (cute!) which upped the price of postage. She did not bother to research this so ALL of her invitations were returned to her. To make up for this, she just handed them out to people when she saw them with the big ol' red RETURN TO SENDER note on the front.

Next, as a BM in her wedding, I was told to "go pick a red dress." That's it. Short? Who knows. Which shade of red? Whatever. Material? Who cares?!?! It was a miracle that we ended up in the same color. Somehow all of us went to the same bridal company for our dresses - amazing since we all live in different states.

The photographer was a friend of the groom and a total dips&%t. She kept telling us to stop and pose as we were walking down the aisle. During crucial points in the ceremony, she would tell everyone to stop and hold the pose! She even made my friend do a fake bouquet toss - having her pose leaning back with the bouquet like she was in the middle of throwing it and all of the single ladies pretending to be reaching for it. Seriously, what is that?

Now, since only about 40% of the people at the wedding got their invitations, the ones that showed up word-of-mouth did not realize that there was a reception or if there was one, where it would be held. There was no announcement, so half the people didn't show up to the reception at all.

Speaking of the reception, she had gone to the venue the night before and filled something like a million balloons (exaggeration!) with helium. As most of us know, those balloons only last about what? 8 hours? Yeah, so when we got to the reception, they were all deflated. Pretty!

The reception was held in some kind of sportsman's club with a bunch of crap on the walls and a room off to the side with no door that was stuffed full of random trash. It was so awful. I mean, I can't even explain it's disgusting glory. It was just so BAD.

Quote:
I attended a wedding of one my former dance student. She was very young 18 year old bride and the ceremony was very nice. At the reception they had just served the food and they asked a missionary to speak. Well she starts a full on preaching sermon and 15 minutes in to it gets mad at everyone for eating and asks us to stop. So we all stop eating while she goes on for another 35 mins while every ones food is cold. And to top it off she keeps referring to the bride as Leeann instead of Luwann. We left right after that, we were scared there would be more preaching done at a wedding!
I'm wondering if this guy was my friend's preacher, because I had a similar experience at this wedding! I felt like if I took one bite of that cafeteria style baked ham, I was going to go straight to hell in a hand basket.

20 minutes AFTER the hour long sermon, my best friend was on the dance floor with a bottle of champagne twirl-kicking to Cotton Eyed Joe.

It was like everything you don't want to see at a wedding rolled into one horrible afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_reeves View Post
I just got back from a wedding in the Mayan and it was on the beach during mid-day and as I turned around to watch the bride walk down the aisle I saw a woman tanning topless who was standing up watching the ceremony (she had huge knockers)...it was totally distracting if you know what I mean. It is something kind of out of your control but if it was my wedding I would've flipped out. When my FI sees me walking down the aisle I don't want him to be distracted by some other womans boobies.

We are having a sunset wedding at a private restaurant on the beach so hopefully we can avoid this kind of thing.
Wow! What a story! I agree, though, I definitely wouldn't want to be the bride in that situation. Luckily, the beach at our resort is private, and we're actually having the ceremony in the wedding gazebo, so I'm not anticipating any partial nudity...

I don't have anything super funny, but I used to work as a banquet server when I was in school and I remember big tacky arches of balloons behind the head table being a really popular feature. They always matched the bridesmaids dresses, which were almost always ugly, and someone from the head table would almost always get loaded and bump into the thing at some point in the evening... sometimes winding up on the floor underneath it with the balloons hovering over them.