Seriously? -38?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Ok. -38 degrees. I am not usually one to vent about the weather here in Winnipeg (seeing as I've lived here my entire life and should be used to it)....BUT....-38 degrees celcius (-36.4 fahrenheit for you American gals) with the windchill and it's March 10th?! And the forecast for tomorrow morning is -43 degrees. Really?

It's seriously depressing and I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. FI says that it's a good thing cause our guests will appreciate going to Mexico more but I'm not with him. I think I would enjoy Mexico just as much if the weather here was warmer! Someone please remind me why I live here...
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#2 FutureMrsLewis

• 583 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Move to Newfoundland, it's only -2 here, and it's supposed to be 2 and sunny tomorrow lol I'm glad I live on "the rock" and not the mainland, because I would FREEZE if it ever even reached -30, let alone -38. Brrr! Don't let it get you down too much though, just get the biggest, coziest sweater you own and be glad you're not in the Northwest Territories lol

#3 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I know what you mean. It was -42 with the windchill here yesterday, and -38 without the windchill this morning.

This winter seems like forever.

#4 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Brrrr...and here I thought we were freezing here in Ontario at 2 degrees...I am confident that spring is just around the corner. The sooner the better!
          First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#5 trance_angelx0x

• 198 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

Spring is coming soon, I promise! We got a cold snap a few weeks ago, was around -35 for 3 days. It really does not make you want to even leave the house to do anything at all.

#6 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

Wow, I didn't realize it got that cold there. Great excuse to cuddle up with your honey!

#7 soccergurl3

• 232 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

It was -52C at our airport 2 days ago in Edmonton, It ended up breaking a record!

#8 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

This weekend is suppose to warm up for us here. But man, this winter has been brutally cold all winter. -30 something with the wind chill pratically all winter (and our winters are for a few months)...

#9 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

I live in the banana belt in Ontario and we piss and moan when it hits -10C -- haha.

#10 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Gosh!!! That is so cold~! It is 70 degrees here in Texas today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users