Jump to content

Photo

Alternative Bridesmaides Bouquets


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 jennwo

jennwo
  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

    Also, is anybody having their bridesmaids walk down the with the groomsmen? Do you think the BM need flower if so?

    #12 Kits55

    Kits55
    • Member
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

    Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

    I was going to have the BM walk down the aisle with the GM but decided not to. I am going to have feathers in my bouquet and I've seen some really amazing, gorgeous all feather bouquets. I've also seen crystal bouquets that are basically bouquet jewels all tied up. they are gorgeous in the sunshine. It's something you could really DIY if you wanted to. I did feathers in my bouquet so that I could do feather boutonnieres and not have to spend money on flowers either. :)

    #13 jennwo

    jennwo
    • Jr. Member
    • 189 posts

      Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kits55
      I was going to have the BM walk down the aisle with the GM but decided not to. I am going to have feathers in my bouquet and I've seen some really amazing, gorgeous all feather bouquets. I've also seen crystal bouquets that are basically bouquet jewels all tied up. they are gorgeous in the sunshine. It's something you could really DIY if you wanted to. I did feathers in my bouquet so that I could do feather boutonnieres and not have to spend money on flowers either. :)
      Thanks for the input! Quick question - why did you decide not to have your BM walk down with your GM? I've always pictured it happening like this, but I'm not sure why not that many people do this - in fact I can't remember seeing anyone do this of the weddings I've been to... Are there pros and cons or is it just a preference thing?

      #14 Jacilynda

      Jacilynda
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,777 posts

        Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

        I think its really up to you what you want do. We are having GM walk our BM down. Although I ordered real touch flowers for our wedding. we spent $698 and got: my bouquet, 4 BM bouquet, bouts for FI GMs and our fathers, corsages for our moms, toss bouquet and all of our centerpieces w/ glass vases.

        #15 Kits55

        Kits55
        • Member
        • 607 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

        Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jennwo
        Thanks for the input! Quick question - why did you decide not to have your BM walk down with your GM? I've always pictured it happening like this, but I'm not sure why not that many people do this - in fact I can't remember seeing anyone do this of the weddings I've been to... Are there pros and cons or is it just a preference thing?
        For me it was just a preference thing. I had actually envisioned my GM walking the BM down the aisle the entire time. Then I thought about how some of my BM would probably feel more comfortable walking alone. So now I have this vision of the GM standing at the end of the aisle, then each bridesmaid getting to walk down the aisle (with her parasol). I love the BM dresses so I'm being kind of weird and wanting each BM to be focused individually. I also decided I didn't want that type of "formality", it's really more of a tradition for our beach wedding because we're going so casual. The guys, including my FI are wearing some light weight shirts from GAP, nice khakis and flip flops.

        #16 jennwo

        jennwo
        • Jr. Member
        • 189 posts

          Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacilynda
          I think its really up to you what you want do. We are having GM walk our BM down. Although I ordered real touch flowers for our wedding. we spent $698 and got: my bouquet, 4 BM bouquet, bouts for FI GMs and our fathers, corsages for our moms, toss bouquet and all of our centerpieces w/ glass vases.
          Wow! That's a fantastic deal! Maybe I just need to fish around for better a vendor... Thanks for the input!

          #17 jennwo

          jennwo
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kits55
            For me it was just a preference thing. I had actually envisioned my GM walking the BM down the aisle the entire time. Then I thought about how some of my BM would probably feel more comfortable walking alone. So now I have this vision of the GM standing at the end of the aisle, then each bridesmaid getting to walk down the aisle (with her parasol). I love the BM dresses so I'm being kind of weird and wanting each BM to be focused individually. I also decided I didn't want that type of "formality", it's really more of a tradition for our beach wedding because we're going so casual. The guys, including my FI are wearing some light weight shirts from GAP, nice khakis and flip flops.
            We're not going for a formal wedding either...humm...I'll have to think about that one. Thanks again for your help!

            So, my new question is - do you guys think it would be odd or not very cute to have the BM only carry one flower? I'm thinking like a big, bright Gerber daisy or something tropical...

            #18 budgetjamaicabride

            budgetjamaicabride
            • Member
            • 516 posts

              Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

              My plan is 3 silk gerbera daisies tied with a ribbon... tada! Bouquet... but I think one would be awesome too! I actually and now considering that.

              #19 litl_april

              litl_april
              • Jr. Member
              • 351 posts

                Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:37 AM

                A wedding I was in, each of us BMs had one large rose and it looked really cute. I love the idea of a big gerbera daisy!

                #20 jennwo

                jennwo
                • Jr. Member
                • 189 posts

                  Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

                  Thanks guys. I really appreciate your input!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users