Jump to content

Photo

Anyone have the just the 2 of you for the wedding???


  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31 airampz

airampz
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts

    Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
    You know, this is one thing I've been thinking about: Who will help me get dressed?! I want my hubby to be surprised when he sees me, so I don't really want him to help. The bigger packages at Dreams include someone to help you get dressed, but I'm getting the smallest package, which doesn't include the help. Maybe the photographer will help me? ha!

    OMG this is so funny!! I was just talking to my fiancee about this and I told him that it was a little sad how I would have no one to help me, that I almost changed my plans to include family and some friends, but now I see that I'm not the only one. I don't want the fiancee to see me before. I guess maybe the WC can help me or the the photog as long as is not a man of course lol Did you choose your photog yet?
    Maria~

    #32 Michelle613

    Michelle613
    • Jr. Member
    • 331 posts

      Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nisi39
      I am!!! Ahem...I mean WE are... My situation is just the opposite, though. My husband and I are renewing our vows, but since we got married at the courthouse 19 years ago, I didn't get the things I wanted,like the dress cake, pictures etc. So this time we're going all out! But it'll be just for us! It's OUR day...and since you can't force adults to do what you want them to do (i.e.sit down, play nice, not cause any undue stress and not complain) Our entire budget is being spent on the things that I want. So since we don't have to worry about feeding guests, or buying gifts for our bridal party. I can spend more on a bigger photo pkg, take some excursions, etc.I've been told we're being selfish but hey?? In the end it's what you want anyway...
      Enjoy yourself, your way you deserve it, you're entitled... and don't feel bad...
      Oh sorry just re-read your message ... I'm not even doing the AHR...Maybe I got a lil' excited to read that someone else is just going for a 2 person party DW...
      I LOVEEEEEE this! I don't even want a wedding anymore after this planning. I'm horrible at shopping and picking stuff out and telling people what to do or wear and I wish I could just have a wedding with my fiance and that's it. it sounds like you'll be having an amazing day and I'm sooooo jealous!
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

      #33 airampz

      airampz
      • Newbie
      • 48 posts

        Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by iberostar09
        The wedding coordinator can help you! She was great! :)
        Iberostar,Congratulations on your wedding! I too thought about the WC to help me out, of course if she can. I can't wait to see your review and some pics!
        Maria~

        #34 mnbrown02

        mnbrown02
        • Newbie
        • 2 posts

          Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by airampz
          Wow is so nice to see I'm not the only one doing this. I keep making myself stressed about doing it like this. I decided to do it this way because I realized planning a big wedding was just too much stress and not to mention MOney!! I will be having a little get-together reunion with just family and very close friends when I returned. Any ideas on how to plan it? I have been in contact with my coordinator at Secrets Maroma where I will be doing my symbolic ceremony as my fiancee and I will have a civil wedding before that. Are you having music? any other things that I should consider being that it's just the 2 of us?

          RANDOM... I am having a DW after planning a wedding at home and going through way too much stress, so its just me and the FI, from Jersey at the Secrets Maroma... July 3rd. How's your planning going with Celia?
          Remember with me it's mind over matter... I don't mind and it don't matter.

          #35 iberostar09

          iberostar09
          • Jr. Member
          • 173 posts

            Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

            I did decide to have something this summer, but I dont want to call it a AHR really. We are literally renting a small bar (a friend owns it) near the water in Boston and having about 100 friends and family for drinks and some food. VERY casual and VERY inexpensive. We are calling it a "party".
            Our wedding was just the 2 of us, and when we came home and told friends and family (NO ONE KNEW we were getting married) everyone was SO supportive. Although maybe deep down family and friends were disapointed they couldn't be part of the day, when they saw our pictures and realized how happy we were and that this was the right decision for the 2 of us, they were just SO happy for us! We did fly a photographer down to Mexico with us from Maine and she truly captured the day for us and we have the most beautiful pictures to show family & friends now that we are home.
            I PROMISE my review and pictures will be up very soon! So keep your eye out! :)

            #36 iwantadreamswedding

            iwantadreamswedding
            • Jr. Member
            • 327 posts

              Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by airampz
              OMG this is so funny!! I was just talking to my fiancee about this and I told him that it was a little sad how I would have no one to help me, that I almost changed my plans to include family and some friends, but now I see that I'm not the only one. I don't want the fiancee to see me before. I guess maybe the WC can help me or the the photog as long as is not a man of course lol Did you choose your photog yet?
              Nope not yet, I'm still trying to figure out which resort I want to go to, at this point, lol. I keep picking a place and feeling like this is it, and then I see something else I like better. But at this point, I'm seriously thinking it will be Excellence Riviera Cancun. I decided to go with the Cancun area now because the flights are relatively short and cheap. Why did you choose the Secrets in Maroma Beach? SMB and the Secrets Capri have always been a couple of my top choices. The Maroma beach is so gorgeous!

              #37 iwantadreamswedding

              iwantadreamswedding
              • Jr. Member
              • 327 posts

                Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
                What about a housekeeping lady? That shouldn't be too expensive. :)
                haha, great idea!

                #38 blushingbride

                blushingbride
                • Jr. Member
                • 366 posts

                  Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by iberostar09
                  I did decide to have something this summer, but I dont want to call it a AHR really. We are literally renting a small bar (a friend owns it) near the water in Boston and having about 100 friends and family for drinks and some food. VERY casual and VERY inexpensive. We are calling it a "party".
                  Our wedding was just the 2 of us, and when we came home and told friends and family (NO ONE KNEW we were getting married) everyone was SO supportive. Although maybe deep down family and friends were disapointed they couldn't be part of the day, when they saw our pictures and realized how happy we were and that this was the right decision for the 2 of us, they were just SO happy for us! We did fly a photographer down to Mexico with us from Maine and she truly captured the day for us and we have the most beautiful pictures to show family & friends now that we are home.
                  I PROMISE my review and pictures will be up very soon! So keep your eye out! :)
                  So you guys eloped! How nice. Our families now know that we are going just the two of us, but we still get guilt trips from my mom and a few other people. I think they expected that we would just run off, anyways. Ha!
                  I think what's important is that they see how truly happy the two of you are; that's all that matters. Best of luck on your party planning.
                  Congrats again!

                  #39 airampz

                  airampz
                  • Newbie
                  • 48 posts

                    Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mnbrown02
                    RANDOM... I am having a DW after planning a wedding at home and going through way too much stress, so its just me and the FI, from Jersey at the Secrets Maroma... July 3rd. How's your planning going with Celia?
                    Hey...where in Jersey are you from? I will be at Secrets on Jul 7th so maybe we'll run into each other if your still there. Cecilia has been very good, she responds to my emails usually within a day. I have not had too many requests so I think that is what has made this so much easier. I still stress a little though as I am trying to find a good photographer. How is your planning going?
                    Maria~

                    #40 futurerana

                    futurerana
                    • Newbie
                    • 39 posts

                      Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

                      I am so glad people are finally responding to this thread. I have many other comments and questions but am short on time at the moment but want to repsond to a quick comment and ask opinions. I emailed the wedding coordinator at the caves where we are getting married and asked a couple of questions about the photographer. She said that he could even take pictures while getting dressed (not like actually putting the dress on in underwear or anything but makeup/hair I would think). I have seen a lot of people who have done this with wedding parties but with just me I think that would be quite weird for me, probably not for him, I am sure photographer are used to everything but.... And it would be a little neat to have those photos but.... I probably won't take that option but is anyone else doing this and has a male photographer? Also we get him for two hours and i hope if i don't do that it won't take away from my time. Well, will write later with more ques and comments. Oh, my wc also said that the ceremony is like 5-10 minutes and we could bring own vows that it is more romantic, my fiance and i aren't romantic or creative so does anyone have any suggestions on that? Thanks, I am love hearing about everyones situation too.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users