Photo

Back from Dreams PV!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 smith3576

smith3576
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!
    Random questions, but what kind of lighting was around the Terrace? Was there enough? (our reception will be there at night). Also, how far from the Terrace is the Gazebo? How many tables did you have? Was there enough room for a dance floor?

Thanks!!
    We're married! Jamie

#12 subzero

subzero
    • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great time! I also booked the fire dancers as a surprise for our guests (nobody likes dancing so we're having them instead, after dinner). I can't wait to read your entire review!

#13 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

glad you had a great time! congrats:)

#14 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
        • 247 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

congrats on becoming a Mrs...!

#15 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
          • 118 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by smith3576
            Congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!
            Random questions, but what kind of lighting was around the Terrace? Was there enough? (our reception will be there at night). Also, how far from the Terrace is the Gazebo? How many tables did you have? Was there enough room for a dance floor?

Thanks!!
            The lighting was sufficient for the reception... we had small lights in the vases on the tables (I brought them with me - they are submersible and from wedding star). The pool is also lit up... and there may have been some rope lights on the trees - I can't remember. We had three tables of 10 plus the table for Scott and I. We danced and there was enough room... how many people are you having? The dance portion of the reception wasn't that long as you have to wind up at 11 pm... by the time dinner and speeches were over, I am guessing it was close to 9 pm... then we did the cake cutting at 10 then the fire dancers... then we had time for a couple more dances... and it was 11... we all went to the Lobby Bar afterwards for more fun!

I am still working on the review (it has been a VERY busy week!) but will hopefully get it along with some pics uploaded this weekend...

Jenn

#16 KLila

KLila
            • Banned
            • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

This is very good news. I just booked 15 rooms for the DReams in June for a rushed wedding and they seem really good. I think I may use an outside WC to make my life easier, but will consider Rebeca once I read your review.

Congrats. I am new to the site but all the info I have been reading has been so helpful

#17 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Congratulations! I can't wait to read your review & see pics! Great news about the old tower being renovated.

#18 smith3576

smith3576
                • 290 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

My TA checked with the hotel about the renovations and they told her they don't have any official word about whether they will do them for sure but hopefully.
                  We're married! Jamie

#19 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                  • 612 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Im getting married at Dreams 12/04/09 and my TA also checked and they told her that the renovations were not going to be happening during that time. They made it sound like either they were going to be doing little by little or waiting until later in 2010.
                    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#20 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
                    • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

That's a relief for me!
                      D & C
                      Dreams 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users