PV Private Honeymoon Locations?

H&F

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. My FI and I are getting married in PV & are looking for a secluded honeymoon location not too far away from PV. I looked at Majahuitas and Verana but Verana doesn't open until the month after our wedding. Verana would've been perfect b/c the rooms seemed a bit more updated while still having the quiet of the location.

Does anyone know of any other honeymoon locations somewhere within an hour or two from PV that would be similar? Any help would be much appreciated!

H&F - we are browsing honeymoon places right now also.

Have you looked at?:

Casa De Mita - Casa De Mita...Welcome Home!

Four Seasons Punta Mita - Four Seasons Browser Compatibility Page

St. Regis Punta Mita - St Regis Punta de Mita Hotels: The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort - Hotel Rooms at StRegis.com

There is a PV honeymoon thread in the PV forum - let me see if I can find it

Thanks Jess-- I've looked at that thread but it seems most of the ideas there are for larger resorts. Since we'll already be staying at Dreams VM for the wedding week I'm hoping to find something completely different. Some place where cell phones don't work & no TVs! I'd love to be isolated near the beach but surrounded by the jungle. Keep your fingers crossed that I can find it! I'm guessing after a week of being surrounded by lots of people my FI & I will both really want to only see each other!

BTW- the locations you are looking at look fantastic! Good luck with making your decision! You are so far ahead of me in the planning department. I'm so impressed that you already have 34 people booked. We haven't even sent out our STDs yet!

oh yeah Casa De Mita is like that! And on that thread one of the girls posted some recommendations from her travel agent - they are all secluded - check them out!

haha do not be impressed - all I have really done are the STD's! :)

Casa de Mita would be good I think.

You can also look at what we did for our mini-3-day honeymoon (getaway until we take a real longer honeymoon HA) - very very different - Haramara Resort - but you have to be ok w/no electricity, and maybe doing some yoga (we didn't do yoga, but we enjoyed the ocean views from the cabanas). Meals included are vegetarian and fish. Beautiful location and accommodations are rustic chic.

Thanks so much Nylany!

Haramara may be just perfect! LOL- I'm a vegetarian and am always struggling in Mexico! Not so sure about the yoga thing though. popcorn.gif

Is the beach part of the resort? How far away is it?

Would you do it again? We may be in the same situation as you (having a short honeymoon & doing something else later). It's still in negotiations at the moment- I'm pushing for something longer but we'll see.

Thanks once again for suggesting this place!

You can find my review and photos on tripadvisor - I had to actually had to create the entry of the hotel on tripadvisor b/c it wasn't there, even though I first found out about the place via the forums there.

But in short, I thought it was a great getaway for a short period - very very different than what we would experience elsewhere, and I wanted that. I really wanted an ocean view, and I really didn't want the huge highrise hotel room feel that you get in some of my favorite places, like Hawaii, and we didn't have time to go to French Polynesia or Costa Rica for those individual bungalow experiences, so this fit the bill. Ocean views, unique, and a 15 minute hike through the jungle to a good safe surfing spot in the town of Sayulita.

We aren't yoga people, and I think if you were going as part of a yoga retreat, it would be a better experience, b/c you'd get to know the other guests (of which there are only maybe 20 while we were there) - and we're kinda social people, but they set a romantic table for 2 for us every night at dinner since we weren't part of the group. However, we were on our honeymoon, so that does make sense :). They'll set the tables however you want, so even if you did go w/a group, you can still have a private table. Make sure to tell them it is your honeymoon and that you want one of the most private of the premium ocean view cabanas.

The food is very healthy and vegetarian, and they'll modify it to your request at a next meal if you tell them things you can or can't eat. My husband is a carnivore though, so we ate lunch in Sayulita btwn surfing all day, which was fun too (cheap fish tacos). Some of the guests said they hiked over to Playa Escondida and had a good lunch there too - and that the place is really cute (if you want to check it out too). Different - more kitchy and Mexicana in feel.

The beach is right there. My husband complained that the waves were too loud. You hike 10 minutes down the hill past the cabanas and yoga hut and massage hut to the beach, where there are chairs. It is a beautiful beach; however, to swim, I'd recommend climbing over the boulders to the beach next to it. It is a much bigger cove with less boulders in the water, and much safer for swimming. We swam there the first afternoon we arrived, and there was only one other couple on that beach. Reason - it is a 15 minute hike through the jungle from that beach to the town of Sayulita, so most people are hiking there only if they somehow hear about it (it is a little confusing, we got directions the other way from some people on the beach), and even then, they have to hike back before it gets dark. Unfortunately, some millionaire is building a house on the cliff above the beach, so I don't know how much progress has been made on that. Regardless, it felt super clean. There was a model shoot going on there on the the 3rd day we were there.

AND, you can always hike through the jungle to town (or cab it), and rent surf boards, etc. I felt like the water was cleaner and safer (not motor boats and beginner surfers) at the beach next to the resort beach, but this one is lively and pretty authentic (Mexicans and tourists surfing together).

Villa Amor is the nicest hotel in Sayulita - you can also check that out.

Anyway, let me know what you decide. People drool when I show them my photos, but I think it caters to specific people. I was in love with the place, my husband wasn't. But he did talk about returning asap to Sayulita, so we both were happy with the trip.

Let me know what you decide - and take a look at the tripadvisor review - I think I was more coherent there.

We're going to Costa Rica in a few weeks - I'll report back on that too. And I'm still saving miles for somewhere further, such as FP (8hrs, a zillion miles for biz class) or Thailand (18 hrs, a zillion miles for biz class). Ah, travel dreaming!

You can find my review and photos on tripadvisor - I had to actually had to create the entry of the hotel on tripadvisor b/c it wasn't there, even though I first found out about the place via the forums there.

But in short, I thought it was a great getaway for a short period - very very different than what we would experience elsewhere, and I wanted that. I really wanted an ocean view, and I really didn't want the huge highrise hotel room feel that you get in some of my favorite places, like Hawaii, and we didn't have time to go to French Polynesia or Costa Rica for those individual bungalow experiences, so this fit the bill. Ocean views, unique, and a 15 minute hike through the jungle to a good safe surfing spot in the town of Sayulita.

We aren't yoga people, and I think if you were going as part of a yoga retreat, it would be a better experience, b/c you'd get to know the other guests (of which there are only maybe 20 while we were there) - and we're kinda social people, but they set a romantic table for 2 for us every night at dinner since we weren't part of the group. However, we were on our honeymoon, so that does make sense :). They'll set the tables however you want, so even if you did go w/a group, you can still have a private table. Make sure to tell them it is your honeymoon and that you want one of the most private of the premium ocean view cabanas.

The food is very healthy and vegetarian, and they'll modify it to your request at a next meal if you tell them things you can or can't eat. My husband is a carnivore though, so we ate lunch in Sayulita btwn surfing all day, which was fun too (cheap fish tacos). Some of the guests said they hiked over to Playa Escondida and had a good lunch there too - and that the place is really cute (if you want to check it out too). Different - more kitchy and Mexicana in feel.

The beach is right there. My husband complained that the waves were too loud. You hike 10 minutes down the hill past the cabanas and yoga hut and massage hut to the beach, where there are chairs. It is a beautiful beach; however, to swim, I'd recommend climbing over the boulders to the beach next to it. It is a much bigger cove with less boulders in the water, and much safer for swimming. We swam there the first afternoon we arrived, and there was only one other couple on that beach. Reason - it is a 15 minute hike through the jungle from that beach to the town of Sayulita, so most people are hiking there only if they somehow hear about it (it is a little confusing, we got directions the other way from some people on the beach), and even then, they have to hike back before it gets dark. Unfortunately, some millionaire is building a house on the cliff above the beach, so I don't know how much progress has been made on that. Regardless, it felt super clean. There was a model shoot going on there on the the 3rd day we were there.

AND, you can always hike through the jungle to town (or cab it), and rent surf boards, etc. I felt like the water was cleaner and safer (not motor boats and beginner surfers) at the beach next to the resort beach, but this one is lively and pretty authentic (Mexicans and tourists surfing together).

Villa Amor is the nicest hotel in Sayulita - you can also check that out.

Anyway, let me know what you decide. People drool when I show them my photos, but I think it caters to specific people. I was in love with the place, my husband wasn't. But he did talk about returning asap to Sayulita, so we both were happy with the trip.

Let me know what you decide - and take a look at the tripadvisor review - I think I was more coherent there.

We're going to Costa Rica in a few weeks - I'll report back on that too. And I'm still saving miles for somewhere further, such as FP (8hrs, a zillion miles for biz class) or Thailand (18 hrs, a zillion miles for biz class). Ah, travel dreaming!