Photo

When to Register?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Our wedding is in October, when should we register?
    Also, other than the website- how do you let people
    know where you are registered? Bridal shower invites?
    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hi Darcy,

Our wedding is May 24th and we just went to register the other weekend. Though we also did an online HM registry with Traveler's Joy (great option if you already have a lot of the "usual" stuff). Traveler's Joy we did when we set up our website, which was almost a year ahead of our wedding. We received our first gift off of there about a month or so ago.

I say go ahead and register whenever you feel like it, because things will quickly begin to pile up on you and it's better to get it out of the way and not feel rushed.

We just put ours on our website, and a few people have asked. I think they should put that info on your shower invites ~ you should not send anything out about it yourself though.

Family & bridesmaids are the best way to get the registry out to everyone I think.

Hope that helps!

~ Jaime :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yeah we just registered this weekend because people were asking us where we were registered already - and our wedding is not until the end of November!

#4 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Our wedding is in July and we registered last month. I would start early...it takes a very long time and is only fun in small doses. I think the earlier you register the better. People start asking pretty early about the registry.

#5 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
          • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

my wedding isn't until next April and I am planning on registering before the summer so I think you should start now.
            ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#6 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
            • 1,681 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

My shower is at the end of May and my wedding is in August and we just registered last week. Yes, I agree with Jaime, let your hostesses put your registry info on your shower invitations. We wanted to wait closer to the shower to register because I have had friends register early and then the seasons change and all of their registry items were no longer available at the stores. Just something to think about!!! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users