Photo

Wedding Programs and brochures?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

How many of you girls are doing either of these? I was thinking of a brochure for information about the weekend. Not sure what to do about a wedding program. What did you put in your wedding program? I wouldn't know what to put in it since I don't know the ceremony setup until we get there. We are having a symbolic ceremony, followed by a sand ceremony. Is a program necessary?
    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#2 merocket59

merocket59
    • 937 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

I'm not doing a wedding program, it will be a short wedding and I don't really see the point in wasting time and money on something that people will hold for 15 mins then leave behind. I am doing a welcome broucher for guests and I am sending on out a few weeks before the trip to my guests who respond yes, there are lots of templates on here for them if you do a search.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

I dont think you need a program unless you want one. I just put the names of our weddig party, our parents names and our witnesses on the program.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

I too am thinking about forgoing the programs... I will attach info about sand ceremony and blessing stones on the handle of our raffia fans.

#5 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

i'm still up in the air about programs since i can't get any straight answers from my WC about the whole order of the legal ceremony. she told me i can add a sand ceremony and a reading, but i don't know where it goes (i think i'm only allowed to add it at the end), and i don't know when the certificate signing, ring exchange, or vows happen. still, i might do one to list our wedding party, songs, reading title, and sand ceremony info. just not too sure how to organize it.

i'm definitely doing welcome brochures that will go in the OOT bags with lots of resort info and a meet & greet page with guests names/relation to bride or groom/and a spot for people to write in room #s.

#6 pintsize1

pintsize1
            • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

since i'm don't have a bridal party and doing only a symbolic ceremony since i'm got married at home i was just planning on giving out fans attached with a bubbles and a description of the "ring warming" we're doing.

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

I don't think we are going to do programs.  We are going to be a small group and pretty much everyone knows everyone and we just think it would be a waste of our time and money to make them. 

#8 Evgal

Evgal
              • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

I thought I *had* to do a program.  But now that I know its not required, I'm probably going to skip.  I have no wedding party, small group, and the ceremony will be straightforward.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users