My hair trial- Cocoa Beach (vent)

Tamster808

I went to Brent Allen in Cocoa Beach to get a hair trial Friday. Long story short it did not go well. I am canceling my appointment for the wedding day. I am going to go it alone and hope that it works out. If anyone has any tips or hints please tell me, I am a big makeup person!

Here is the long story. I had an appointment at 10:30 for hair and they told me an hour for hair and a half an hour for makeup. So I planned a meeting with the hotel to go over the details for the Welcome Dinner at 12:30. That would give me more than 30 minutes to go 5 miles. Well we show up at 10:15 my hair person was there. But my sister’s person was not there. So I got started. My sister’s person was late I think she showed up around 10:40. My sister’s hair turned out ok. Nothing fancy but her person did a good job. Well the whole time my person is saying on the wedding day I will do a better job. I mean I heard that sooooo many times! Look, it is a trial if you don’t do good now you will not be doing my hair on the wedding day. So that was the not so good part. My hair only took 30 minutes. My sister finished shortly after I did. So they told us to wait for the makeup person. So we went for a walk outside then came back inside. So we are sitting there waiting. Well they come over and say that I was booked for an hour and 45 minutes for hair. Which was not true, because another appointment came in around 11:15 for my person. So how was I scheduled for an hour and 45 when she had another appointment at 11:15?!?!?!? So I am still like ok we can wait it will be alright. Well waiting at 11:50 I said forget it! I told them that I was told an hour for my hair and half an hour for makeup so I had scheduled the meeting with the hotel at 12:30. I so did not want to have to deal with hair and makeup that day! I am so disappointed that the whole time they said I don’t know why you are down for an hour and 45 for your hair. They admitted that it was their fault. But they never really acted like they cared. They just kept telling me that the makeup person almost done!

My hair was not even that good. It fell after an hour. I do have very thin, fine, straight hair. It was very disappointing! Needless to say I had a couple margaritas with lunch!shots.gif

But I can buy a lot of makeup for what I was going to pay them for doing it!

Part of me felt like a bridezilla girl_werewolf.gif But I think I was reasonable (what every bridezilla tells herself)...

That's not really bridezilla-y, in my opinion. The whole reason why we have trial runs is to "audition" our vendors for the big day. If they don't perform well during the trial run, there's no reason to believe that they will magically get it together on the big day.

And for someone to say "Don't worry, I'll do it better on the big day" instead of doing a good job now?! I mean, you're paying for the trial too, why is she being a slacker?

That's what hair trials are for, trying them out, it didn't work so you should keep the appt for day of.. you are lucky you got to do a hair trial with them and find it out now. As for tips for doing it yourself you could get a hair extension clip? Depends how good you are at doing your own hair and how easy it is to do your hair. I have considered buying one if I don't get an appt somewhere for that morning because my hair doesn't like to curl and doesn't like to be sprayed into place, it just likes to hang straight, and it isn't very thick so an extension would really help me out.

• 2 months later...

That sucks you had a bad experience, but I don't think you were being a "bridezilla" at all. The whole purpose of a trial run is to know exactly what you will be doing day of since you will already have enough going on without stressing about your hair and makeup. At least this way you will have some great makeup after the wedding, as well!