Photo

Bridesmaids!! and bridal showers!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 binzer

binzer
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

I'm thinking I may make (or purchase if I'm short on time) some anklets for my BMs so that even if they secretly don't like them, they can wear them without it being a big deal (I may also get some little jewelry boxes for them).

Do you guys get your MoH something extra? And if so...what kinda of things do you get?

DGG, what are you hoping to spend on each? My best recommendation would be Etsy since you'll definitely find something in your price range that's nice!

#12 GoCubs!

GoCubs!
    • 52 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

I bought my BMs necklaces on Etsy. I think they were $55 each but they are AMAZING (or at least the picture of them is - I haven't received them yet). Anyways, I'm basically telling them in advance not to buy a necklace but I won't be giving it to them until the rehearsal. My MOH is in on it and she's going to look for some cheap matching earrings.
      Click the image to open in full size.

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

That is a very cool necklace!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
        • 391 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

Everyone is paying there own way..my father is paying for me my fiance, my brother and him and my mother..everyone else is paying there own way.

#15 angie8119

angie8119
          • 198 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Now are you ladies expecting a normal bridal shower- I'm wondering if i should just not have one since its only going to be the 15 girls who are able to attend the wedding...I don't want my BM's spending a ton of money on a bridal shower for such a small event. Unless we just have a small luncheon just us ladies when at the resort...

I'm not having an AHR so i'm thinking the luncheon when at the resort may be the best thing, thoughts?

#16 DGG

DGG
            • 275 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by binzer

DGG, what are you hoping to spend on each? My best recommendation would be Etsy since you'll definitely find something in your price range that's nice!
              I think about $50 each - I haven't looked much on etsy, thanks for the suggestion :)

#17 DGG

DGG
              • 275 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

angie8119 -
                I think it's sort of up to them since they are throwing it - but if you don't want them to spend a lot of money, just tell them you would be happy with something really low-key at someone's house or something..

#18 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

We decided to flip half the bill for my MoH. I also bought her jewellery on Etsy and we're paying for the limo transfers to and from the airport.

#19 bcbride

bcbride
                  • 176 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I was thinking of buying my BM's dresses/shoes as their gifts? Is this okay?
                    I don't think I'm going to have a shower either, I figured the ladies that would be invited would be at the wedding anyway and we are not expecting any gifts since they are paying for their own travel/accommodations...

#20 bcbride

bcbride
                    • 176 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

oops sorry double post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users