Toronto and area brides have you ever been to this store

I bought my dress at Best for Bride.

I tried it on here at Alliance in Moose Creek (near Ottawa) and they wanted WAY too much money for it!

So I was going to order it from a store in California (550$ as opposed to the 1200$ here). But I found it at Best for bride, listed at 900$, but if you sign up for their newsletter you get a 100$ coupon, so I paid 800$ all in (including TAX + SHIPPING to Ottawa!).

I placed the order over the phone with Lynda. She has been great at returning phonecalls/emails. My dress was expected in May, but she called and confirmed it will

be in the first week of April.

If you can wait till then I will update you :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my dress today!!

It arrived PRomptly and about a week early.

I asked and received the tracking number, there were no issues with Canada Post.

The dress came in a box, so it needs to be steamed, but that is ok, I have alterations too that need to be done.

They were always very responsive to my phone calls / emails, always got back to me within 2 hours.

AND the did not charge for shipping for the dress (and not to mention they were about 500 cheaper than the store here! )

I could not be happier!

Virg - thanks for the update. I ended up phoning them to see if the dresses I like were in their store. I don't plan on going until the fall, so I told them I would phone them back with the style numbers.

So glad you are very happy with them.

I am almost 100% sure I will be buying from them.

I've been to their store in Toronto. They don't have much selection but most of their dresses are unique.

If you're going to make the trip all the way to Toronto then I would look at their website and see if there's anything specific you want to try on. Otherwise, go to the bigger stores like Ritche, Windsor or Bridal & Beyond.

I agree with DWBride09. I, too, have been to the Toronto store -- not to purchase a wedding dress but a bridesmaid dress. I don't know of anyone that has bought a wedding dress there. I would suggest trying bigger stores as well. I bought mine at Ritche but visited a wide variety of stores before making my decision.

I happened to drive by thier Etobicoke store the other day and popped in for a look. They have a number of dresses and the atmosphere and the ladies working there were nice. But I agree if you are making the drive to the city, head to a larger store with the selection first unless you know a specific style/dress you want and they have it thier. I think you would get personalized service there if that is important to you.

I heard of BfB, but did not go there. I did go to Windsor & it was a disaster!! I did find my dress there though, but I bought it at a little boutique in Brampton where the dress was the same price as anywhere else & they include alterations!! They did a great job!! I highly recommend it, especially if you will have to get many alterations done! Helen knows about it...it's Bea Shawn!! All you have to do is give them the style number of the dress you want & they can order it. I dont' think they have a huge selection in store, but you don't ahve to go there to try them on!!