Photo

The Good, The Bad, and the UGLY

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

The good = It's still cool if you are in the shade. And you don't move around.

The bad = It rained in Conchas Chinas two nights ago. RAIN.

The ugly = It's already hot, girls. WAAAAY early - if you have a ceremony outside in the afternoon and it's not covered you need a) fans and/or B) water for your guests. Am not kidding. As most of you know, am not a joker when it comes to weather .

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Good reminder, I need to put fans on my "to-do list"!

Why is it bad that it rained in Conchas Chinas?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hot in March? Wow!

#4 Mel&B

Mel&B
        • 613 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Heat I can deal with, but...RAIN?! Oh no! I don't want to have to worry about rain.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm actually happy it's raining ~ kinda selfish but I'm hoping the plant life will look better for our wedding this way!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

You're crazy Jaime lol! I've been to PV in June a few times when it was supposed to rain and didn't so odd things happen...maybe it's an unusually rainy year? I bet there are plans in place where your weddings are in case it does rain, I know at LC they have options.

Plus it rained pretty hard at Amy's PV wedding and it was amazing. She had some killer pictures that most DW brides don't get.

#7 nikkigard

nikkigard
              • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

I hope its cooler/drier in December!! Heat + Rain = really bad hair for Nikki

#8 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

JL - Bad that it rained because, if it starts raining now, that means that our normal "rule" of "no rain" from Nov-middle of May is shot to pieces - meaning that once it starts raining, it usually continues to rain - at least off and on.

Also bad that it rained because, when it starts raining, the humidity comes and, with the humidity you get? Everyone?! that's right - HOT. HOT. HOT.

Nikki - don't worry - December is usually pretty safe and, although we've had a few decembers that were a trifle warmer than normal, it's still not HOT. :)

#9 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
                  • 246 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Mishka...thanks for the update. I'm not going to lie though it makes me a little nervous!! As you know, we're getting married next Saturday so I would love could keep me updated on the weather. I was told 99.9% chance that it won't rain! Oh no....
                    March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
                    Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
                    http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#10 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                    • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by brittbrodin
                      Mishka...thanks for the update. I'm not going to lie though it makes me a little nervous!! As you know, we're getting married next Saturday so I would love could keep me updated on the weather. I was told 99.9% chance that it won't rain! Oh no....
                      I will keep you updated - just email me :):). Don't worry - so far we haven't had another day of rain since the CC incident (haha!) - but, if it does look like sprinkles, I'll say "OH NO" . Keep in mind too, that, while it rained in CC, it didn't rain ANYWHERE else in Vallarta. So.....I'm just saying :):).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users