Photo

Those having a beach wedding....

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Thinking about raffia fans with programs tied to handles, going barefoot on the beach!

#12 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

I wore the barefoot sandals. I attached my programs to bamboo fans for my guests. But my ceremony was at 4 and it was pretty breezy on the beach at that time.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#13 BBtoB

BBtoB
      • 399 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

I am thinking cute sandals or flips flops, and then kick em off before I get down the isle for adding flair! My colors are teal and chocolate and I got matching fans at Asian Imports for super cheap and the colors are amazing! $.90 a piece! Hand Fans

I looked around a lot and these were the best deal and I love the colors!!! They are perfect!

#14 Tiffiney01

Tiffiney01
        • 266 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

I'm going barefoot on the beach.....I'm thinking about fans also
          Mr & Mrs Newby

#15 binzer

binzer
          • 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

I'm probably going to go barefoot, but I'm having my options covered!

I'm getting some super comfy custom Click the image to open in full size.

I decided against wedges because I didn't want to be taller than my FI, and I also find that they can be hard to walk with depending on how hard-packed the sand is (if I was super short, I'm sure I would've gone for them though!).

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

Here's my barefoot sandals that i wore Click the image to open in full size.

Here's a pic of my program/fans
              Click the image to open in full size.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 love2cul8r

love2cul8r
              • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

I was thinking of going barefoot too... i had never heard of barefoot sandals before this forum! What a great idea! I will definitely check that out - for those of you who had them, any advise or recommendations on who/where to buy from? i absolutely love the look!

#18 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

I recommend hemming your dress with a heel that is no more than 2 - 2.5 inches and make sure it looks good before you wrap up loose ends there. That way if u wear something flat on the beach or barefoot, it will not reflect badly when you have to take photos that require walking in your other shoes for photos.

#19 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                  • 475 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

originally i thought i was going to do a flat flip-flop... but im short 5"4 and FI is about 6"0 so i opted out of the flipflops and went for a wedge.. i will let u know how it goes.. but im happy with my choice ad i know that the wedge isnt going to sink in the sand like a heel would... im thinking about doing a small candy favour as well as a simple fan for the guests.......
                    Has anyone else had issues with getting the resort to put chairs on the beach for you?

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                    All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#20 koolatta

koolatta
                    • 321 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

I am wearing a sandal with a small heal. i would have opted for barefoot, but I am too short to get away with it. I say go with how you feel comfortable. If you go with sandals, make sure they are not too high, you dont want to do a balancing act on the way to the alter (my worst nightmare..lol)
                      http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users