Shoe/Beach Options

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 brittbrodin

• 246 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

Do you know if there is going to be a mat? You should totally be fine, and it's all about looking good so who cares if you sink a little! :)
    March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
    Slideshow by Beth Lloyd

#32 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

I just found these Simply Very Wang cushioned sandals at Kohls:
      Simply Vera Vera Wang T-Strap Sandals
      (hope that link works...)
      I saw them in the store, and they were on sale for $12 and they were in a nude color, so matches my dress perfectly. and they are comfortable with a little bling!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#33 verh0016

• 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Those are cute! I sttled on bronze flips with no heel for the bridemaids from Target. I ordered myself a pair of light blue wedge sandals (something blue), but they are not yet in. Soon - I hope. I also purchased some white wedge flip flops to change into for dinner and will likely be barefoot by thte time the dance begins.

Here are the blue wedges:
        Payless ShoeSource - Womens - Predictions - Hope Sandal
        The new Mrs. Selden

#34 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

I'm going with a wedge myself as I want to be able to wear heels with my dress at our AHR. I've just ordered this pair from coloriffics. https://www.coloriff....ICTORIA&type=W
          I read the reviews, and they all seem to be great!

They also have a similar pair that I was considering.

#35 CTall119

• 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

I wore a wedge Flip Flop that was hand beaded with Swarvorski crystals to match the beading on my dress:

Click the image to open in full size.

They havent come in yet, but they cost $150...and came from Crystal Flip Flops :: withcrystalsandstones.com

#36 DRod0214

• 173 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

i too am in a dilemma. Mine will be a little rocky, so i am looking for wedges and then flip-flops and heels. I want to have nice shoes for some pics where you may see them

#37 emme

• 382 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

I bought white wedge slip on sandals at Walmart for $16 which was perfect!! I thought that I needed a shoe with a bit of a heel but didn't want it to be anything I would lose my balance with. I also realized that nobody will see my feet because my dress will be that long...so the Walmart shoes do the trick!!

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#38 VioletVol

• 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

This is a big issue for me! I want to wear a heel. A stilletto heel at that! I did not want to get married in the sand, but this resort was my best option and they do not have a gazebo. So we are looking into laying down some type of wooden aisle with a runner or flowers to make it nice. Okay honestly I have no clue what I'm going to do, but My dress is knee length and is definitely nicer with heels. I will probably take some wedges as a back up. And then white flip flops for afterwards when we're just hanging out. This has really been stressing me out. :)

#39 n&n112109

• 216 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

I was really stressed about shoes too... we are getting married on the beach. The length of my dress is PERFECT with a 3 in heel.... I ended up finding a simple ivory wedge to wear :)

#40 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

I love the wedge sandals above, Might try and find them for myslef.
                      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users