Photo

Shoe/Beach Options

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

We're getting married on the beach with a semi-aisle. I was originally going to go barefoot or just throw on some flip flops...but as I think about it more, I'd love to have a bit of a heel/wedge. I bought a pair of wedges that I think would work, but would appreciate any advice :) Thanks!!
    March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
    Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
    http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

Most girls if they want a lift wear wedges. I'm definitely going barefoot!

#3 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
      • 156 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

I did a barefoot/sandle combo. I wore the sandles down to the ceremony, kicked them off when we got to the sand (we all did) and then got them when we were done and put them back on for walking around the resort and dinner. Do whatever you want to do to be comfortable.
        Jennifer & David
        January 22, 2009
        Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#4 big3n09

big3n09
        • 616 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

The foot jewlery is sooooo cute, but were doing a cliff so it's more on grass not sure what I'm going to do.
          4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#5 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

I think wedges would work, but make sure to commit before you get your dress altered. I'm already three inches taller than my FI, so I think I'm gonna stick with bare feet.

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

I'm wearing ballet flats - but I'm also 5'10 so don't need the wedge lift

#7 smith3576

smith3576
              • 290 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

I wish I were 5'10''! I am getting married at dreams and was told the matting they put down (which looks similar to what they do at Las Calates) won't support a heel (it'll get stuck in it) but a wedge would work. Especially if the flatten the sand underneath and you walk carefully :) I want to wear heals for our beach ceremony so we are getting some cheap plywood from Lowe's once we get there and they are going to put that down for us underneath the mat for stability (just down the aisle, not under the guests. When I get there if the mat seems like it will catch my shoes then we'll either paint the plywood or put some fabric over it or something else inexpensive. It seems like some work :) but we'll be there along with our bridal party a week early so we have some time.
                We're married! Jamie

#8 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
                • Banned
                • 494 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

I am wearing a 4 inch wedge. I am only five foot one so I need all the lift I can get. And to be honest once you spend all that money on a dress it is a shame to wear it without a heel. walking is sand makes you look frumpy, and in a wedding dress it just isn't right. a wedge can make all the difference.

best

#9 katken

katken
                  • 268 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
                    I am wearing a 4 inch wedge. I am only five foot one so I need all the lift I can get. And to be honest once you spend all that money on a dress it is a shame to wear it without a heel. walking is sand makes you look frumpy, and in a wedding dress it just isn't right. a wedge can make all the difference.

best
                    I agree. I've tried my dress on with flats and I don't feel like a bride at all. I'm wearing kick ass four inch hot pink platforms that I'm super excited about. I'm really used to wearing heals so I think that's what I feel most comfortable in. I'm going to ask them to extend the platform so I don't end up standing on sand at all.

#10 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                    • 500 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

I was originally going to go barefoot but then I was reminded by my photographer that the sand will be very hot in June so I'm wearing some wedges...that I have yet to find and then will be wearing some heels during the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users