• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tara

• 473 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

Okay... so I know it's a little late to be worrying about this, but I've been hearing a lot of "oh, you need to take this document from your home state" stuff. I was told that everything is legal with the Sandals wedding and my marriage would be valid back home in PA.

Is there something I'm missing?!

#2 Tracie09

• 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I was told its totally legal as well. I have been told that all the documents need to be hand carried on the island. I'm getting married in St. Lucia so I'm not sure if that's the case with Jamaica.

#3 Tara

• 473 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

Cool. Thanks, Tracie. We were told we did not need to hand carry the docs to Jamaica. Just send down notarized copies early. Phew!

#4 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

Hi Tara,

It's alomost that time!!!!

What do you have left to do?

#5 hollisandsteph

• 419 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

It is totally legal. I have gotten my drivers license, my social society card and even filed my taxes with my new name. I just sent the paperwork down before hand! You will get your marriage license a few weeks after you get home but I needed to change my name for our bank account so I took my temporary marriage license to the DMV and they gave me a licenses without my official marriage certificate. I will all work out. Don't worry. Just make sure you and your hubby sign your certificate correctly. I know one of the girl's husband signed something wrong and they had to resign it a few weeks after getting home.

#6 Tara

• 473 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

Thanks, Steph! You're the best. Huge relief. I was convinced it was and then listened to people ranting and got concerned all over again.

#7 soccergurl3

• 232 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

I am getting married in mexico and I was wondering, if you never gave your documents to the government, would they ever know that you were married?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users