Photo

Bikinis!

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 kya101

kya101
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

I can't wait until they come in!!!! I'm super excited to have a new one to motivate me to keep working out and eating healthier. Love this site!!!!

#122 starrysim

starrysim
    • 349 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'm pretty small on top - would a bandeau work on me?  I always feel that they make small-chested girls look even smaller.  But I also don't want tan lines by the time wedding day rolls around.  I don't tan very easily, so the chances of tan lines are actually quite slim (I'm more likely to look like a lobster all over, unfortunately).  Who's strategically planning to wear a bandeau for the first little bit?

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#123 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
      • 165 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

Strategically, methodically, obsessively planning on bandeau bikinis for the first four days prior to the wedding. lol I do not want tan lines! SPF 100 (seriously, Walgreens carries it's own knock off version of Neutrogena) is highly recommended. I don't burn, I just tan VERY easily. But future hubby is reminiscent of Casper when he veers from the sun too long. I actually think ladies who aren't big up top have more choices in what they wear. This is coming from someone who was a 32B/small C, now 32DD. If you look for a bandeau style which twists in the middle, I think it'll help give the effect of a larger bust (smaller in the middle, bigger on the sides). I wouldn't worry though, I find bandeaus flattering on smaller breasted women.  

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I'm pretty small on top - would a bandeau work on me?  I always feel that they make small-chested girls look even smaller.  But I also don't want tan lines by the time wedding day rolls around.  I don't tan very easily, so the chances of tan lines are actually quite slim (I'm more likely to look like a lobster all over, unfortunately).  Who's strategically planning to wear a bandeau for the first little bit?

#124 kya101

kya101
        • 645 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

I am definitely planning on wearing strapless swimsuits.. I have to find some styles I like. I'm hoping I will be able to wear a bikini, but have mommy tummy and don't know if it will ever be bikini ready :( Trying everything though!!!!

#125 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I am also not very blessed up top but I certainly plan on stocking up on bandeaus. We'll be in Mexico for almost a week before the wedding, so I need to avoid tan and burn lines, and I tan easily. On days without the bandeau I hope to remember to slather on the sunscreen.

So far, I have found one semi flattering bandeau from Old Navy that gathers in the middle. I also found a cute one piece with a little skirt from Bikini Bay. So I figure I need one more, which I plan on adding an iron-on Bride label to.

#126 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
            • 324 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Ooh that site looks great - thanks~

#127 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Vettie this will be my new mission to find bandeau style which twists in the middle --- I tan too easily and though I love the look, I don't want any tan lines either

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#128 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
                • 165 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hi Kya! 

I have no doubt you'll look fantastic. There are a couple really cute suits at Nordstroms right now. Bandeau one piece suits. I have a ton of bikinis and a few suits. Normally, I prefer to look slightly more modest when parental units be lurking about. I do not, however, compromise style to do it! lol I am not sure if I will wear any one piece suits at all during the week, but I like to have my options open. Not sure about your budget, but here are two style that may work... Note: I typically, and def in this case, would aim for tops that twist, scrunch, or have the sweetheart neckline for bandeaus. Def something to keep in mind for brides with sweetheart necklines, not just straight across strapless. 

http://shop.nordstro...esultback=1624 

http://shop.nordstro...resultback=2398

Originally Posted by kya101 

I am definitely planning on wearing strapless swimsuits.. I have to find some styles I like. I'm hoping I will be able to wear a bikini, but have mommy tummy and don't know if it will ever be bikini ready :( Trying everything though!!!!

Hi Tenny! VS, Vix, Bluefly, Nordstroms, Everything But Water (used to be Just Add Water)... Hit up all those places/sites. I like the two styles I posted above, too. As long as it's sweetheart-ish, it'll have a nice, shapely effect. I figure post wedding day, I can have all the tan lines I want! Funny because as of right now, my AHR is just a few days after MX, but I don't care a crap about tan lines on that day. lol Let the bikinifest begin!!! 

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

Vettie this will be my new mission to find bandeau style which twists in the middle --- I tan too easily and though I love the look, I don't want any tan lines either

#129 kya101

kya101
                  • 645 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Thank you soo much for the advice and sites!!! I think I'm going to get one for sure, they look amazing and not like a "one piece" at all!!! Thanks again for sharing!!!!

Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

Hi Kya! 

I have no doubt you'll look fantastic. There are a couple really cute suits at Nordstroms right now. Bandeau one piece suits. I have a ton of bikinis and a few suits. Normally, I prefer to look slightly more modest when parental units be lurking about. I do not, however, compromise style to do it! lol I am not sure if I will wear any one piece suits at all during the week, but I like to have my options open. Not sure about your budget, but here are two style that may work... Note: I typically, and def in this case, would aim for tops that twist, scrunch, or have the sweetheart neckline for bandeaus. Def something to keep in mind for brides with sweetheart necklines, not just straight across strapless. 

Quote:

Hi Tenny! VS, Vix, Bluefly, Nordstroms, Everything But Water (used to be Just Add Water)... Hit up all those places/sites. I like the two styles I posted above, too. As long as it's sweetheart-ish, it'll have a nice, shapely effect. I figure post wedding day, I can have all the tan lines I want! Funny because as of right now, my AHR is just a few days after MX, but I don't care a crap about tan lines on that day. lol Let the bikinifest begin!!! 

#130 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
                    • 165 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

My absolute pleasure!!! I love those suits! I think they're very fun, attractive, trendy, and like you said, totally not your typical boring one pice suit! I didn't mean to hijack this thread from anyone, but as you can see... I seem to have a true passion and adoration for swimwear! hehe The white is cute and fit for the bride look. But I absolutely adore the black and pink suit. Pink is my fave color, even my e-ring and a couple of my bands are pink lol 

Thank you soo much for the advice and sites!!! I think I'm going to get one for sure, they look amazing and not like a "one piece" at all!!! Thanks again for sharing!!!!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

Hi Kya! 

Quote:

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users