Photo

Mayan Riviera I think?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Christabella

Christabella
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well I just got engaged to my best friend! He and I are pretty laid back so a destination wedding was our first choice (much to the dismay of my family). We have decided on the Mayan Riviera but that's all we know right now. I've already learned a ton reading your posts and am excited to start planning!

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Dont be discouraged by your families dismay, I have yet to hear one bride or groom say they regretted having a DW So do what makes you guys happy!

Welcome to the forum!!!

#3 barefootbeachbride

barefootbeachbride
      • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Congrats! i am having my DW there as well! Not 100 % sure where yet though! Happy Planning! Have you set a date yet?

#4 edoherty

edoherty
        • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Welcome. My FI and I just decided on the RIU Palace in Riviera Maya. My family is having a hard time with it as well... but it's been a month since we told them and they are starting to come around... (I did say starting, right?). I just keep thinking about my happiness though- a wedding in Chicago is just not what I want in the middle of Feb. next year!

#5 Christabella

Christabella
          • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I don't have a date set yet...It will really depend on what is cheepest. I was thinking Sept (nervous about hurricane season), Jan (too close to Christmas?) or March(more expensive). I am hoping my family will get over the destination thing soon. I just can't picture myself sitting in a hotel ballroom having the usual reception!

Does everyone use a travel agent to book their weddings?

#6 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

Christabella, welcome to the forum! My family wasn't too keen on the DW idea at first, but now they have warmed up to it and are super excited! I am using a travel agent. Check out the Travel forum for more info :)

#7 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#8 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hi Christa... to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#9 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!! When i was looking at the Mayan Riviera area May was one of the cheaper months plus no hurricanes.

#10 edoherty

edoherty
                    • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

I am using destinationweddings.com for the travel piece. You put down a $50 deposit and they do all the work for you and your guests (and you $50 gets used for your travel anyway, so it's actually free!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users