Sign in to follow this  
Christabella

Mayan Riviera I think?

Well I just got engaged to my best friend! He and I are pretty laid back so a destination wedding was our first choice (much to the dismay of my family). We have decided on the Mayan Riviera but that's all we know right now. I've already learned a ton reading your posts and am excited to start planning!

Dont be discouraged by your families dismay, I have yet to hear one bride or groom say they regretted having a DW wink.gif So do what makes you guys happy!

Welcome to the forum!!! jiggy.gif

Welcome. My FI and I just decided on the RIU Palace in Riviera Maya. My family is having a hard time with it as well... but it's been a month since we told them and they are starting to come around... (I did say starting, right?). I just keep thinking about my happiness though- a wedding in Chicago is just not what I want in the middle of Feb. next year!

I don't have a date set yet...It will really depend on what is cheepest. I was thinking Sept (nervous about hurricane season), Jan (too close to Christmas?) or March(more expensive). I am hoping my family will get over the destination thing soon. I just can't picture myself sitting in a hotel ballroom having the usual reception!

Does everyone use a travel agent to book their weddings?

Christabella, welcome to the forum! My family wasn't too keen on the DW idea at first, but now they have warmed up to it and are super excited! I am using a travel agent. Check out the Travel forum for more info :)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!! When i was looking at the Mayan Riviera area May was one of the cheaper months plus no hurricanes.

I am using destinationweddings.com for the travel piece. You put down a $50 deposit and they do all the work for you and your guests (and you $50 gets used for your travel anyway, so it's actually free!).