Photo

Canadian PV Dreams Brides-Have you booked for late 2009?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

I just emailed Rebeca and she got right back to me : ) She said that you should be there 2 days before your wedding to plan the wedding if it's a non-legal wedding. Diana (old co-ordinator) told us we had to be there 4 bus. days prior regardless of whether it was legal or not. I'm just happy the 4 day rule doesn't apply to non-legal weddings!! Nor does the blood test : ) Jess is your ceremony going to be legal?
    D & C
    Dreams 2009

#32 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

nope not legal - too much unecessary work!

#33 smith3576

smith3576
      • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

The four day thing must just be if it's a legal ceremony. But the stuff about about changing departure dates and waiting until June seems weird to me. We locked ours in 11 months out. I would get a new TA.
        We're married! Jamie

#34 Sandy

Sandy
        • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hi Katiegirl, my wedding is in January 2010 too... am staying at Dreams VM but i think the prices will be similar at Dreams PVR. Our guests are in the process of booking - we got a rate flying out of Toronto for one week all inclusive / hotel/flight/transporation etc included for $1288 plus tax. Given you are from BC, you should be able to get it for cheaper because the flight is way closer than from TO (ie. not being on the west coast). If you want me to refer you to any TAs, let me know, I'd be happy to.

#35 Sandy

Sandy
          • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

One question ladies - how late do you think guests can leave it to book? I'm a little concerned of a few guests booking too late and then the resort or flight being full..any thoughts?

#36 aprilmay

aprilmay
            • 266 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

MayanBride, I noticed you're from BC so I thought I'd share a group quote I got from Travel Best Bets (ie- Jubilee Travel out of Van). The quote was for Nov 2010 (super early to book yet) but she was able to secure some good prices for me. It was a package out of Vancouver including flight, hotel (Dreams PV) & transfers and was for about $1100 per person, plus about $250 in taxes. These are great prices, especially for so far away. You needed 10 people to book to get this rate. I didn't book cause it's just too far away, plus I want to go to Dreams this year to really check it out before I actually book the wedding there. Just thought I'd share what I found so far.

#37 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
              • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:39 AM

THnx Aprilmay. We've booked with Signature. I like travel best bets though have booked through them before. I am really surprised you were able to get prices so far in advance!!
                D & C
                Dreams 2009

#38 aprilmay

aprilmay
                • 266 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Ya even the travel agent was like, "these are reaaaallly good prices for how far away it is." I wish it was possible to save that rate! What did you end up getting your package for for this November? Me and the FI are going to dreams early November to check it out but the rates seem pretty high right now.... maybe if I wait til it's a little closer to book....

#39 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
                  • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hi Aprilmay. We booked ours with Signature for $1660 from Vancouver. Direct flight. I trust Signature and have heard some horror stories abt other carriers. You can prob. get a last minute rate that is less though....Let me know what you think!!!!
                    D & C
                    Dreams 2009

#40 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
                    • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

Do you know which carrier had that price you told me abt.? That is a really good price!!
                      D & C
                      Dreams 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users