Photo

Pinata at my wedding??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 edssbride09

edssbride09
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

I think it will depend on the group! I am pretty certain our guests will be in to it... particularly since they don't get to attack the candy table before a blindfolded bride (myself) attacks the pinata with a bat...

I was set on having a wedding cake one (i love the ones you posted)... but can't exactly bring it to mexico with me! The other day i decided whatever it is would be fine, i really don't care. Why not have a donkey, that could be totally hilarious!

I have also seen bride and groom ones which are funny, but transport is the issue right

#12 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Honestly, yes, it was. But I think had it been a different group, it would've been better. Plus it was just like, yeah, so there's a pinata. Feel free to go over at some point and swing at it. If you totally do it up and make it into a little event, it could be a lot of fun. Basically, either get all into it and don't do it all. I hope that helps!

And just for the record, we're having a pinata for the kids at our AHR, but we're having a pig roast so it's not formal or anything. If adults want to get involved, I'm not stopping them!

#13 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

This double posting is making me mad!

#14 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

got it -yes I agree on doing it after everyone has had a few drinks :)

#15 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
          • 327 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

I love the idea, and those wedding pinatas are too cute!

#16 beach2009

beach2009
            • 299 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I think it's a fun idea. We'll be having kids at our backyard AHR and will definitely have to do a pinata!

#17 edssbride09

edssbride09
              • 233 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

I actually have ended up getting my pinata custom made down there. Thankfully we have someone coming to our wedding who lives in Cozumel and i put her up to the task of finding me a pinata cake, and she has come through, and it is in my wedding colours! I will definitely post a review of how this went after i get back!

#18 ikupoo

ikupoo
                • 171 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

I can't have a wedding cake (ugh, allergies) so I'm buying a pinata shaped like a cupcake and bash the hell out of it. Maybe I'll include lottery tickets, or something that interests people. You can find cute pinatas on etsy. But I don't know if there's an elegant pinata. Bashing something is not really elegant, ya know?

#19 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
                  • 391 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

Great idea..very different..it might be fun if you have the right crowd of people

#20 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                    • 888 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jess
                      got it -yes I agree on doing it after everyone has had a few drinks :)
                      You should have people do shots of Tequila before they get to swing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users