Anyone else obsessed with AI?

~Angela~

I also don't agree with the america wasn't ready for Adam. Although I think this week they were equal, the both did an ok song and they both did a great song. There is a HUGE group of people (I brought this up before) that vote for the worst person, or in this case the one not expected to win. which I think might have played a big role here. People like to vote for the underdog. Either way I could care less. I've been saying from the beginning that Adam was in a league of his own his falsetto is ridiculous and they should have just signed him and taken him off the show A LONG TIME AGO! Either way I'm glad we had the top 5 we did, all of them deserved to be there and I can't wait to hear more from them!

Joe and I were talking how sad it is that AI gets more votes than the presidential election!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post

Joe and I were talking how sad it is that AI gets more votes than the presidential election!
Well, to be fair, you can vote more than once a night for AI and kids can vote too, so I think it's just the same pool of people spending their night calling.

I'm very surprised that Kris won. I definitely think Adam deserved it more (but I didn't vote, so I guess I can't complain too much). I didn't even remember who Kris was for most of the show, and although he can sing, I wasn't really wowed by anything he did. He seems very plain and generic.

I also do think that Adam's outside of Idol drama played a part in the finale. While most people will vote based on who they think is best, there are still some people out there who are appalled by his sexual orientation and fondness of drag and would vote against him because of that. I also think that Kara's poorly written song would NEVER have worked for Adam and the producer's pick wasn't a very good choice. John actually voiced what I was thinking while we watched it, which was "Are they trying to make Adam lose so they don't have to deal with the PR for him?" Again, I think most voters voted true, but for others it's not just a singing competition. And it's not like Kris was bad, so I'm ok with him winning, especially if it means that we don't ever have to hear Adam try to sing that horrible song again!!

I agree with everyone about the finale. It was fantastic and they had some amazing names there! For whoever said they were a Jason Mraz fan, I actually helped organize his visit to my small private college for a concert. He's pretty chill in person too and gives a good show, but the chick he had open for him (Tristan Prettyman) was AMAZING. I loved the concept of Idols rocking out with their idols. And the awards were hilarious! I felt a little bad for Kara. She seemed very uncomfortable being in a bikini and couldn't cover up fast enough!

So....I'm behind as usual! But I finally watched both shows last night (it's way better back to back!! LOL)

I just have to say I am so glad Kris won!!! He was definitely deserving of the title...but in the end he was a way better choice for that song!! Really...Adam just sucked singing about mountains & no boundaries & all that gooey stuff!! LOL Honestly, it was just ridiculous!! I think that's it's so good for Adam's career that he didn't win! He will still be under AI contracts & such, but he will have more flexibility (I would think).

And OMG...Kiss on AI was incredible!!! I thought it was amazing!!! And Queen...and Santana!! WOW! I was soooooo blown away!!! I really loved Alison & Cyndi Lauper...but she was definitely freaky!! I think Alison could have done a better job on her own!! LOL

Well...good bye all my fellow AI obsessed ladies. It's been a fantastic season!! Until next year....

You can catch me on other TV threads such as 90210, Big Brother 11 & So you think you can dance? and the Bachelorette!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire723 View Post
I felt a little bad for Kara. She seemed very uncomfortable being in a bikini and couldn't cover up fast enough!
Kara really battled with being overweight for a long time so even though she now has an amazing body she's still very concerned about how she looks.

So now that the show is over I would expect to be hearing Kris all over the radio singing the new single. Wrong! Does anyone else listen to Top 20 on 20 on XM/Sirius? They have been playing Adam Lambert's version of "No Boundaries". Whats up with that? I haven't heard Kris at all

Well I got back yesterday woke up at 2am and started watching the 4 episodes I missed lol

Adam was robbed I just don't get Kris lol I suppose he's "nice" but thats it lol

I love Kiss and thought Adam was amazing with them and once "part" of queen were on I realised why I had instantly like Adam - he reminds me of Freddie so much

i have to admit I fast forwarded some of the stuff because it wasn't my thing but my god that Kara can sing I hadn't realised. She's not that well known over here

She's not really well known here. She's a song writer so unless you're really into music most people don't know who wrote the song some famous artist is singing. Although I HAtE the finale song she co-wrote!

She can sing though! watch this: KaraDioGuardi.com

She wrote practically Ashlee simpsons entire first album & second, gwen stefani-rich girl, she's done alot w/ idol contestants: archuletta, kelly clarkson, brooke white, and most of kris allens album coming up, oh and Pink's sober.

Not many people here really new her until she started idol