Boat/cruise/catamaran rental - La Barcaza

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 skimmy

• 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Does anyone know if they book up fairly quickly? My fiance wants to wait until we get down there to reserve spots.

#12 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Wow! that look amazaing

#13 lololola

• 156 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

How much is the Tropical Storm cruise per person? Thanks!

#14 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm not sure how quickly they book up. Are you hoping to reserve it for your wedding reception - but wait until you get down there? Or just for an excursion for everyone? I'd be hesitant to wait if it's for our reception, but if it's for an excursion you could probably wait as I'm sure you'll be a bit more flexible on day or even time when you do it. The coordinator for the boat - Flori - is awesome to deal with. She's super responsive and has been great!

#15 gofeden

• 80 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:10 AM

I would def book in advance. We booked in July for late December. We booked an excursion with them for our guests a few days before the wedding. It was really amazing. The bathrooms on board are pretty small, so I would only be weary because you wouldn't want to ruin your wedding dress. The seafood option is great. You can also bring your own CD's for them to play on board. They will have a tip jar to fill as well..just so you know...Also be sure to give them an update of exactly how many people are going on board b/c that day you will pay the balance based on how many people you told them beforehand and if you have less people they will still charge you...so make sure you have a def guest list and pay for how many people are on board...
            Jelena and Bojan
            January 3, 2009

#16 skimmy

• 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Erinleigh, do you have a website for Tropical Storm? Thanks!

#17 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by skimmy
                Erinleigh, do you have a website for Tropical Storm? Thanks!
                I have a website for the La Barcaza boat - is that what you mean?

Here it is: La Barcaza

#18 lmg970

• 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

One thing to keep in mind regarding booking these tours is distance from the resort, we did a catamaran tour and it took us 2 hours to get to the boat in La Romana. My husband went on a deep sea fishing trip and it took him an hour to get to the boat and this was in Punta Cana.
                  We stayed at Dreams and this one of the most northern resorts there and that is part of why it took forever to get anywhere. Also the roads aren't in the best condition, we found the bigger the bus the smoother the ride

#19 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

I think it depends on your resort, but the La Barcaza is picking us up right at our beach at the Melia Caribe. So it's quite convenient. We are having our wedding at the Melia and then getting on the boat for our reception!

#20 bovkim

• 44 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

I have a question for anyone who used La Barcaza...I'm looking at using them for a day tour the day after our wedding as a thank you to our guests.

We are looking at doing the grill with open bar. It looks like the only alcohlic drink that includes is presidente beer? Is that right? It also lists "Golden and White Ron “Barcelo”, but I don't know what that is. I asked via email but they didn't answer me. They said you can purchase bottles of other stuff or bring your own.

Did anyone bring their own bottles on the boat? If so, where did you purchase it?

Did anyone do the snorkeling on this tour? Another thing is my group won't like the fact that you can't drink alcohol before snorkeling, lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users