Boat/cruise/catamaran rental - La Barcaza

I plan on using the la barcaza as well! our wedding is may 28 (friday)2010 and just like BOVKIM we plan on "thanking" our guests the following day w/ this lil excursion. Ive heard great reviews about the food and entertainment. I think it will be a great trip! It also gives me an excuse to buy another more informal wedding dress!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I just got back from my wedding in Punta Cana. We had our reception on La Barcaza. OMG! I don’t think I will be able to do this justice in words. It was amazing and made our wedding the spectacular event that it was. La Barcaza is a small yacht that you can rent. We rented it for 4 hours (and ended up extending to 5) for our reception. It has a top deck with lounge sofas and the lower deck they set up for dinner. They set up our dinner with 4 large square tables of 8. The way the tables were set up made for a very intimate feel. When we did speeches, people would stand sort of in the middle of the tables to give their speech, again it was so intimate. Dinner was served during sunset – incredible. The food was delicious!! Grilled chicken, pork and veggies. Dessert was pinapple flambé – yummy! When dinner was over, we cut our cake, then they moved the tables and we did our first dances and then PARTIED!! We brought our own music on an ipod, and they had a doc for their speakers. I am telling you – our reception was incredible, awesome, wonderful, amazing, etc, etc. It was so nice to do something a little bit different. Everyone kept tell us how amazing they thought it was and at the end of the night everyone was chanting “Best Wedding Ever!” ha ha. Did I mention it was awesome?? Oh, and something funny happened. They doc the boat at this “natural swimming pool” and when the party got into full swing, a few of the guys decided to strip down to their undies and go swimming. Well….then some of the girls did the same. And….yup….I did too! That’s right, I went swimming on my wedding day! I took off my dress, handed it to my mom and hoped in the water. It was so much fun. When I got out, I towel dried off and then put my dress right back on! My hair hardly even budged too!

Also, Flori the coordinator is Awesome!! She helped me so much with all the planning and is a sweetheart! The whole crew was incredible too! Book this now! You will not regret it!

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you erinleigh!

Your review made me even more excited to also be taking the boat excursion! Can I ask what meal $ you choose? I was thinking the 100.00 per person -lobster dinner. Also, i saw you said you used your ipod...but in another review i thought there was live entertainment. Was this an extra fee maybe? What time did you set sail?!

Congrats to you!

And thanks in advance for your response :)

Hi again Shanelle! We had the mixed grill option (55pp) which was grilled chicken and pork and veggies with a really yummy salsa and fried plantain. It was delicious!!

I don't know about live entertainment, I hadnt heard that before. We brought our ipod so that we could have our first dances to the music we chose and then we partied! It was so awesome. You will have a fantastic time!! We were on the boat from 4-8. We had originally booked for four hours and then we ended up extending for another hour when we were on the boat because we were just having soooo much fun!!! So we were on the boat from 4-9. Then we all hit the disco when we got back to the resort!

Hello,

We have also booked our reception on the La Bacaza boat! I am so excited about it. I'm wondering, do you know - or were you able to, bring on board your own centerpieces? I had already arranged to have some for the resort reception, so when we changed our plans, I now have these beautiful pieces that I still want to use. If so, do they set them up for you? Or would we just do it once aboard?

Thanks so much!