Boat/cruise/catamaran rental - La Barcaza

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 beckybride

beckybride
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hi!
    We are getting married at the Melia Caribe Tropical and looking to do an evening dinner cruise type of reception instead of the resort options. I've heard of La Barcaza does this? Does anyone have any experience with them? Or do you know of another company that does this?
    Thanks

#2 KimmyG

KimmyG
    • 520 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

What a great idea! I hope people post some replies because I'd like to know too!
      Catamaran ride after the ceremony? Dinner cruise? Info please!

#3 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

When I searched I could only find the one.

One thing to note for La Barcaza is that you need to pay for 20 persons in order to make a reservations. You make a 20% deposit when booking and they only do private cruises. There are a variety of options starting at $35 pp for open bar, $45 Dominican Snack, $50 Tropical Snack, $55 Open Bar & Grill (Chicken & Beef), $65 Open Bar & Seafood Grill, and $70 - Open Bar & Mixed Grill (Chicken, Beef & Seafood). It looks like a great relaxing way to spend 2-3 hrs.

Alot of people even do their weddings on the La Barcaza (La Barcaza). It seems to get rave reviews (see Debbies Dominican Forum, wedding section there's a whole thread dedicated to it).

#4 andime85

andime85
        • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

I am so glad to hear that! I was really interested in this, but hadn't been able to find any reviews since 2007 so I was a little concerned!

#5 bianka24

bianka24
          • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

I received some information about this sunset cruise. from Paradisus Punta Cana. in the picasa album they have Great pics. Picasa Web Albums - Romance Team - Sunset Boat

YouTube - Wedding Punta Cana: Best Wedding Punta Cana

Wedding Punta Cana. The best Wedding in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

I hope this information can help you.

#6 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
            • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

I booked a catamaran sunset cruise for the night before our wedding for theeveryone who will be attending the wedding. The company I went with is Tropical Storm. They are real good to work with. I can not wait and hope all our guest klove it. I know I will!
              33 Booked!!

#7 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
              • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

I booked a catamaran sunset cruise for the night before our wedding for theeveryone who will be attending the wedding. The company I went with is Tropical Storm. They are real good to work with. I can not wait and hope all our guests love it. I know I will!
                33 Booked!!

#8 Steffi234

Steffi234
                • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi lrfriendly,
                  how much does your cruise cost per person? I'm looking into doing a sunset cruise for our wedding party the day before...

#9 erinleigh

erinleigh
                  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hi everyone

We are getting married at the Melia Caribe, punta cana in November. We are having our reception on the La Barcaza at sunset. I'm sooooo excited! The pics I've seen look amazing. Dinner cruise at sunset with dancing under the stars - what could be better!

#10 erinleigh

erinleigh
                    • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Oh should have said - it costs $55 per person for what we are having. Dinner and open bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users