Sign in to follow this  
funny bunny

Question: Guest transportation from airport?

I arranged transportation for our guests, but ONLY if they came on the "package" days that I offered. If they chose a different flight then they were on their own. there was no way I could afford a million shuttles! :)

But, everyone really appreciated it (our resort was an hour and a half drive from the airport).

Our TA arranged it and it was included in their AI room rates ... I left it up to each person to provide the TA with their flight times, etc so their transport can be arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgm2 View Post
How expensive was it to arrange travel arrangements. Even with everyone coming in around the same time it sounds like a lot of money
If you mean the transfer from the airport to the hotel, then the prices depend on how far away the hotel is from the airport. For instance, I am getting married in Tulum which is about 90 minutes from Cancun so the rates would be higher for me than someone going to a hotel in Cancun or Playa del Carmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgm2 View Post
How expensive was it to arrange travel arrangements. Even with everyone coming in around the same time it sounds like a lot of money
The initial quote I got was $65 pp, round trip from Nassau airport to Atlantis.
Now, I got a quote last night of $36 pp, round trip.
Much more reasonable, but looks like I'll be leaving the cost to my guests to pick up.